Friday, June 25, 2004

kids, prayers, and dirty diapers

I've never wanted children. I know several people in this world to whom having kids is the whole point of thier existance, and while I can kind of understand this point of view I've never shared it. All the responsibilities and hassles of having a child have always seemed to me to outwiegh the rewards. I love watching a family together, just the other day I visited with some friends of mine who have a little one and they always seem so happy when they're looking at him. They are perhaps the happiest and most complete couple I've ever met, and that baby couldn't ask for a more loving and fun home to grow up in. It's nice seeing them both become the fantastic parents I always knew they would be.
I also love playing with kids and watching them, but I'm just as happy when it's time to hand them back to thier parents. I respect someone who can raise a child, they're far stronger than I am.
That's not to say I may never have one. Accidents happen and I've had one or two scares in my life. But I've never activly pursued having a kid. I wouldn't shirk my duty if it happened, I just hope it doesn't. I've had three girlfriends who wanted kids. My second (my little jamacian who already had a daughter, but wanted a child with me), my sixth ( my little babushka, who'll hit me for calling her that), and the Demon (who said she'd never wanted kids before she was with me, but wanted us to have a family together. Two months later she left me and hasn't talked to me since.)
Just a little while ago I got an e-mail from a friend of mine I hadn't heard from in quite some time. I thought she was done with me to be honest, we have an interesting past together, so when I saw the e-mail I was excited. But the e-mail was about her under 1 year old son who is experiancing medical problmos that might be serious. It fills me with such pain to think of this poor child who's so new toth is world to be going through something this bad. My heart goes out to my friend and her family. I can't imagine what it must feel like and I don't ever want to. I wish there was something I could do. I feel so bad since here I was thinking she wasn't conacting me because she didn't want to talk to me, meanwhie she's going through this nightmare of having something wrong with her child. I love my little slice of Heaven and can only hope that somehow things will work out for her and her little boy. So if you can spare a prayer for her please do.
As for me, no kids so far and it'll probably stay that way. It's up to my cousin Ryan to continue our blood line. I'll leave the dirty diapers to someone else. I still think it's more fun to make love than to procreate.

3 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

BM Says,

To realize you don’t want kids is a good thing. It’s better then thinking you are put on this world to breed then to do so and find you are mistaken. A lot of scary people breed and they torment their kids for their entire lives. Like me, I should have been an aborted in a back ally with a hanger. The truth is we should all be gay so procreation stops and the human race will dwindle away. For me it’s to late, I am a hypocrite. I did some breeding and I love my little baby offspring. He ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
A pray has been spared and will continue to be.
I respect your choice as I have told you before and wouldn't ask you to change it, if it is not what you want. At least you are honest when most wouldn't be.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

My prayers go out to the mother and child you mentioned. Life is precious and new life is borderline divine. All my best to them. Your choice is mature and realistic. Few people understand what they can adn cannot handle and jump hip-deep into quicksand. Good to know that you are not one. There is another reason, however that I believe you forgot. YOU ARE A BIG KID YOURSELF! You have more fun spoiling little people than anything else. Big smile, though, because many parents forget that fun is part of the child-rearing equation.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home