Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Terms and Definitions (slightly edited)

I had a friend who reads this blog ask me what the hell I was talking about with all the weird nicknames I use. I explained that I use them because I don't want to put people's real names on here. So for his sake, as well as just for the hell of it, I figured I'd list most of the more frequent nicknames I use for people on here and offer a brief explanation of who they are.

Babushka: Current girlfriend and all around giggly girl. We've been friends for a while now and she's not sick of me (Yet). Despite a break in the relationship for about a year over difference in opinions on progeny we are back together because we do love each other. Now we head towards our marriage, June 27th,2009. Update: Yep, she did it. She actually married me. Poor girl. We are now living quite happily as Mr. and Mrs. Chaos. thank You Very Much.

The Demon: An old friend who I fell in love with. She has some serious issues stemming from a childhood tragedy that makes her sketchy about feelings and relationships, so she has come and gone several times in my life over the last 14 years. I love her very much despite the pain she has caused. She is currently out of my life (last left Jan. 2004) and last I heard is living with her husband and little girl, so I don't really expect her to be back. But her friendship is missed, and who knows what the future may hold.

Bro: Not actually related by blood. Friend who I met the first day of nursery school when we were 4 years old. He now lives in bOregon. Even though we only talk every once in a rare while we are as close as ever. His family is like a second family for me. I keep trying to get him to move back and he keeps trying to talk me into moving out there. Update: Bro just recently got married to the Hills. They are still in bOregon, but she has said she has no problem with the idea of moving east... so I still have hope.

Lil Sis: Another friend who's more like family. We've been close for over 11 years now. She is my Angel, without her I would have ended my life. She is the one who has been there for me time and again when everything hits the fan, and I for her. She currently planning to move south, but after all the time and love, not even distance will break this friendship. Update: Lil Sis is now living in Old Folks Florida, but we still talk every few days and she's supposed to be up to vist next fall. Distance can't stop Love, even between friends.

BM+Hottie+Little C+Super S: Friends from collage who I've had the pleasure to watch go from just friends to lovers to husband & wife to parents. They are living proof that love can work in this world. He a little hunk and she's simply gorgeous and they produced two of the cutest kids I've ever seen. They help to remind me how to laugh and how much fun life can be. They mean more to me than they will ever know.

J$: A Friend of a friend who became a great friend. He earned his nickname of J Money doing DJ work for a night club. He currently lives far away in San Damn Diego, but I have hopes of him coming home someday. He helps me keep a perspective on things by being very level headed, even when he loses his.

Heaven: A friend I met because she was dating another friend of mine. When they broke up she and I kept in touch and became great friends on our own. Although we went beyond friendship for a while she stopped talking to me when she had a child. Now I miss our friendship and wish she'd come back, but I can't force her too so I just wait and hope. Update: Heaven and I are back in contact over the phone. She is doing great and it's great to have her back in my life.

UG: Satan. Pure and simple. Actually I've known him for several years now and he's got one hell of a sarcastic sense of humor. Calls himself The Eventual Dream here in blogland. Somehow managed to get married and have kids. Not a bad guy if you can get past the gruff exterior and can deal with someone who believes in being honest even if it hurts. One hell of a singer too. His body is slowly falling apart, but his heart is still beating strong.

Boston: An old friend who lives in, guess where. Boston. Calls herself Sokmunky here in blogland. Very shy around people, but found the courage to talk to me in collage and I'm damn glad she did. Although our schedules have been very conflicting for a while now, she will always have a place in my heart and in my life. A truly great hugger.

Isis&Ant: We became friends in collage, and ended up dating for about 3 years. We've stayed close even after that ended, and despite a few rough spots just last year we are still hanging in there. We are often the ones we turn to when confused and need to talk something through. Her daughter Ant somehow ended up with my sense of humor and my right jab. She is the closest I'll ever have to a daughter of my own, and I'm damn proud of her. Update: While isis/Sharebear and I haven't been in contact for quite a while now (she got remarried) Ant is still doing good down in the DC and I'm still proud of the young woman she's become.

Kells Bells (Aka K-Bells): Another old friend. She ended up with a slew of addictions for a while, but has cleaned herself up and is now married with a child and owns a house. Since tact and discretion may be foreign words to her (I joke I've seen her boobs more than any girlfriends of mine) she's a lot of fun to be around. I've heard more about her sex life than I probably need, but am glad she's comfortable enough with me to tell me stuff. While we don't get together as often anymore, she's always in my heart and thoughts.

Roe-Roe: A collage friend who I lost touch with for many years. Just 2 x-mas ago we got back in touch and now get together for dinner every few weeks. She and her Hubby adopted a little one (Little Giant), and now are the full family they always wanted to be. Update: Roe-Roe recently got divorced. But she still has her Little Giant and is dating again and is very happy.

Midget & Amazon: He's 5"4', she's 5"9'. I've known him since collage and her since they started dating. He's a little ball of energy and craziness who's life has gotten busy over the years. Although time may pass between us hanging out, we are still as close as ever. She's as stubborn as she is beautiful and sometimes I think they needed a referee instead of a priest at the wedding. But no matter what else, we always manage to find a way to laugh.

Poet,Dreamer, and MEP: A friend of mine from the old days, Poet and I drifted apart. After almost a decade we refound our friendship after the death of a mutual friends father. Having known the quiet and slightly depressed young man he once was, to see him now as a quiet but hard working and loving husband and father is a inspiration. Dreamer, his wife, is a beautiful woman with one of the most wonderful souls I have ever met. Together with MEP, the little man with a smile to tame the world, they are a family that will always have a place in my heart. Update: The happy family just got bigger by one. Crazy K has entered thier lives and looks to be taking them by storm.

Do-Nut and FractalGod: The type of couple that makes single people want to puke, these two are a bundle of adorableness and cuteness and other Disney-esque terms. Do-Nut was supposed to be my Cuz-In-Law at one point, but even when that fell through we kept in touch and she and Babushka have become best friends. FractalGod teaches kids perversion (aka Math) and they are currently living thier own version of the Happily Ever After.

Egoman: A strong willed friend from my college days. He has had a roller-coater life and yet has stayed in control of himself far better than I could myself. After a daughter and then a divorce, Egoman is dating and currently is very happy with this upswing in his life.

Columbia: An old college friend of Babushka, our southernmost friend is doing the Med school thing and kicking butt at it. As strong willed and determined as she is beautiful, it's always a pleasure when her path brings her close enough for a visit and a hug.

I think that covers most of the nicknames I toss around here. If I missed any I'm sorry. If I bored you, too bad. Until next time..... Peace.

ps. In response to a few comments I'd just like to add that the names I listed here were supposed to be people who I talk about who aren't bloggers. Yes I listed BM because I usually also talk about his wife and child, and I also did Ug because I've had people wonder why I call him a different name than his blogger name. This wasn't a list of all my friends because some of them I just don't mention a lot and some are already on blog. However I wil add 2 more here because 1. I felt really bad when I saw BS's little whimper, and 2. BM's right and it's a cool nickname for his other friend. so:

Brenenenenenenenena: This is bloglands very own She Must Be Full Of BS over at Brendragon. I met her in collage and have held on tight to her despite her continued roving across the face of the world. She is full of wanderlust and can't seem to sit still in one place for too long. Although I don't get to see her often (even more so than most) there is always a hug waiting between us when we finally do get together.

The Lord Of The Not Quite Darkness: One of Bm's friends who I've had the pleasure of meeting a few times. I joked that he wants to be evil but can't quite manage it. Kind of like a teddy bear who occasionally has bad thoughts but then feels ashamed he had them. Very laid back and content with his life you have to pull teeth to get him to get together, yet he has a great sense of humor and is a lot of fun.

14 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Dream Screams...

I'M A DAY PERSON DAMMIT!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jim Screams...

all creations start off wid a thot

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

man, I've known Kells for awhile and she never showed me her boobies. Tell her Im jealous.....

12:42 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Cheers! your are one sweet fucker!! you did forget "Lord of not so darkness" I think it's one of the best name and would be a great comic book series!!

8:18 AM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

*whimper*

?

9:21 AM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

and another thing; I only knew Kells for a little while while we were all at college[ahem, till I left, anyhow], and while I've never been lucky enough to see her boobs, I do have some pictures of a certain party, one of which involves a certain silly friend at the time vaccuming broken glass while drinking [Midori?] out of a sippy cup... nice and drunkish...

And... tell Midget to get ahold of me... give him my email or phone number or something... with me leaving, I want to try and contact as many of the people I've been close to in my life as I can, know what I mean? Thanks... I love you!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

A few combacks:
Yea Ug your a day person, but your soul is as black as night (Just kidding)
Midget, theres a differance between knowing Kells and spending as much time with her as I have. Considering that at one point she lived with me and Isis, and also that we used to hang out 3-4 times a week in colage and after, she just felt very comfortable around me.
Bs, yea, I remember that party. But no trying to blackmail me with that picture because I also remember what you ended up doing after that party, ahem.... And I'll be seeing Midget this weekend so I'll give him you #. Peace.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

Soooooooooo
what the hell are you talking about with all the wierd nicknames

**ducking the thrown coffee cup**

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Aza, I was kidding. I have more boobies in my life now than I know what to do with...and everyone knows, I luvs the boobies....

6:33 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

Hey Midget,
If you need tips on what to do with boobies let me know. I've never run out of ideas.

7:07 PM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

*GASP* HOLYcrap I forgot about that part... blocked it out for my own good I think, didn't even cross my mind till you mentioned it... wow... don't tell!! And btw, YOU didn't do anything embarrassing at that party... I was the one showing my boobs that night... and then of course that other thing. Ick.

7:43 PM  
Blogger themadamefiles Screams...

Ahh! Now I can re-read and figure out who is who, but the demon, well, that was obvious. We all have one of those in our lives...

xoxo

X

1:54 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Is Babushka her real name?

3:25 AM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

I like it when people define terms. I'm just a "Dorko" that way I guess! Good, informative post AZA - YOu Rock!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home