Saturday, January 15, 2005

Question

Does anyone know how the hell to add links to your blog? I see them on the sidebar of other blogs but can't figure out how to do it on mine. A Cro-mag stuck in a neanderthal world. I have so many Blogs that I stop by and visit that I'm starting to have to write them down in order to remember them all. Then there are the ones I used to visit that don't seem to post anymore (Like Theeventualdream or Constantphoenix or Brendragon). Then there have been a few that have litterally disapeaerd off the face of the blog (Like the Corporatewhore). I even have a few that post so irregularily that I only check on them sometimes (like Mumblingidiot or Swordfishsblog or Worldofstatic). I would love to help spead the world of Blog, I just don't know how. Help!?!?

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger wwww Screams...

If you can e-mail me your e-mail address, I will send your the html coding for the link in the side bar.

Mine is whjayg@msn.com

10:59 PM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Just e-mailed you the codes to modify your template.

Let me know if you encountered any problem.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown Screams...

well, I share with you the organizational challenge inherent to life on the web. The fact is that one can't just wander aimlessly. One has to have repeat landing spots - preferably spots where there is some back and forth. And blogs, of course, are the perfect such spots.

But anyways, I can't keep track of shit either. They've got some easy, automated ways to blogroll shit, but I haven't gotten to using any of them yet, so they dont do me much good now do they.

by
mr strauss
pop goes lethal

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

wish i knew but your the only person i blog to so i guess i don't need it.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Oooooo - I'd love a copy of that code too - if possible (angie.rogers@gmail.com).

Thanks for visiting my site... Hanging out with kids makes my back hurt too, lol.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

Az

Go to your blogger dashboard and click template. Then make sure the 'edit current' tab is clicked open. You are then looking at the html coding of your blog. You will see things like -- Begin #content -.
& -- Begin #main - and such. Keep looking through the html code until you get to

- Begin #sidebar
Once you are in the area where sidebar contents go, look for where you would like your new link or picture or bloggy sticker to go. On my blog I put my blog stickers above my profile or where it says --Begin #profile-container --

Even if you know nothing about html code it will be pretty easy once you start reading into those code brackets to see where on your page you want to add things.

Just use the dashboard and get your preview before you go saving any code. To be extra safe just make a copy of your blank/naked template into a text pad and save it. That way if you ever REALLY screw it up you can always just clear the template and add the old original back without too much stress. Sometimes and depending on the item or coding you add it may need tweaking anyway.

I hope this helps a bit.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home