Tuesday, March 08, 2005

plans and past quirks

I'm sitting here and looking out the window at snow. It's coming down very fast and the wind is blowing hard enough to be rocking the trees. So far this weeks been a bust. I was supposed to go see some friends of mine yesterday, but they were sick so I didn't. Today I was supposed to pick up Babushka and go to Bm's house, but the Hottie and Little C are sick, and it started snowing so I didn't even go see Babushka. Pretty soon I'll have to go out to shovel in this crap because if I leave it it'll be twice as bad when I have to shovel in the morning. I hate snow. Yet I haven't moved out of the North East because all the people I love are here. My friend J$ in San Damn Diego called last night and was saying how it's in the lower 80's there. May he get a cold.

So I was going through old pictures (I am a camera hound and take pictures of everyone I can) and got to thinking about the little things people do that we may not even notice much, but that we miss and think of when they are gone. Kind of personal personality traits. Like how Heaven would go 'Grrrrr" sometimes. Not growl but actually say Grrrrr. Or how she'd roll her eyes when I'd compliment her. Or how the Demon would bite her bottom lip when she was nervous or excited. Egoman (a friend from collage) used to have such a dry sense of humor you wouldn't know he was joking til he started to laugh, then your brain would have to back up to figure out what was so funny. How Isis would walk with a shake to her hips that she swore she didn't have, or the smile that would come out so slowly when she though of something nasty. How my little Ant would explain things like she was giving a lecture. How Cowboy would laugh without making a noise, just have his whole body shaking. How the Genetic Freak would play with her bra when she was bored and then later not be able to figure out why it was all messed up. These are the things that helped give these people a distinction all there own. When I see others do these things it makes me think of my friends gone by.

Guess I'm just melancholy cause I was so excited I was getting to see people who I haven't gotten to hang with in a while, then had the plans snatched away. I so hate that. It's not that I'm not going to see them again, but I wanted to see them now! I miss them.

Oh well, time to go get the shovel......
(wanders off muttering to self about damn snow....)

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

I do two of those things too. I chew my bottom lip when Im nervous or even embarrassed. And Im told I get a devilishly sneaky smile when I have a pervy thought.

The thing is, you notice these things that people do. I think that proves you are the super sweet one. I hope your day gets better. And I dread returning home to the snow myself :(

5:26 PM  
Blogger themadamefiles Screams...

That so bites my dear! I hate when things like that happen!! You are all ready for the event, re-stirring up the positive memories, getting ready to share them with your friends and then the rug of melancholy is yanked out from under you! Well, you have pictures which help ;-) Hope you feel better, and it's snowing here too. Looks like it's gonna be a miserable snowy st.Pat's day!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

your curse of a cold was one state off it's mark. I was wondering why all of a sudden my whole family had colds. grrrrrr Now next time you are sending a curse to cali make sure you put a little more oooommmmpppphhhh behind it. I don't wanna have mushrooms sprouting outa my butt or something. hehehehehee

8:07 PM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Humans are so predictable..

You hate snow because you have them

I love snow because I don’t have them

Some people wish for summer all the year

But those who live in a “summer all the year” countries wishing for winter

Some people enjoy bathing the sun

Oh.. I always avoiding the sun (24 7 in AC rooms – office, car and home)

We are just humans.

PS- If only we could trade the season, I like yours and you can have mine.

4:10 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

I am sorry brother man! I too was sad!! I saw the snow coming down and thought well even if you were going to come over you wouldn't beacuse of the snow. We will hook up soon! Miss Ya!! Hope to catch a glimps of you soon!!

Love,
B

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

When you tell my sister a story she starts sutbly moving her lips in unison to what you are saying.. Sort of like she is talking along with you. Cracks me up... but that was a great post and makes you appreciate what people bring into our lives and how we are all so different and all just the same.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home