Sunday, June 18, 2006

Days go by

Another sleepless night ahead. I ended up getting about 3 hours last night. I figure at some point I'm just going to fall over, an oh how I'm looking forward to that.
Went to the Peabody Museum today. Not a bad place, a little small perhaps. But I so love the Dinosaurs. They have a Brontosaurus skeleton that just makes you feel so tiny (I refuse to accept the scientific communities orders to abandon the name Brontosaurus in favor of Apatasaurus). They also have a T-rex skull that (if it wasn't encased in glass) Babushka could climb into. Yes the museum has a lot of other stuff, but in the end it's the dinos that stick with us all (well, maybe also the egyption stuff. Mummies rock). Whether it's a stegasaurus or a triceratops, the dinosaurs just capture our imaginations so strong.
I love Hallmark.com. They not only allow you to send free e-cards, but they let you know when someone has viewed thier card. This is great when your send a card to someone who never responds to your e-mails because you know if they read the card. A sneaky little way to make sure they get your message. Especially when that message is "I miss you".
Hmmm.... I'm hungry. Maybe I'll see if I can remember how to poach an egg.

8 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

HEY~~ I was thinking that when you DO fall over from sleep deprivation, after your trip to the museum, you should have some funky dreams...that could be fun...Have a great great day....

mom

1:58 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

OOOOO I so love the dinosaurs at the museum. First one's we ever seen was at the museum in Texas. And Kiddo is an amazing Dino expert. They had a brontisaurus, and complete triceritops, and t-rex skelleton. And they had a complete wooly mammoth and those giant fish skelletons that the fish is bigger than a sectional sofa. They had a sea turtle looking skelleton that was bigger than a VW bug. It was amazing.

Then outside the museum they had things calle chromasaurs. And they were chrome sculptures done to life size of different dinos. Stegasaurus, T-Rex, Triceritops, and you could go climb all over them.

On the way to Texas we stopped at Holbrook Arizona's Petrified Forest and Dino museum. They had life size replica's of T-rex inside, and a t-rex skull, then you took a 4 mile drive, and they had different stop points that had the rarer dino's life size replica's with plaques telling about them. Very cool stuff.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

word, I hate it when I can't sleep n I'm jus up in da middle of da night just bored and wanting to sleep. Then when I do fall asleep, iz only 3 hours left b4 I gotz to wake up! Hopefully, you can get betta sleep tonight... Knowing ya heard from me lolz. Moz times, I just put on low music and it kinda helps :-) PEACE

8:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa Screams...

thanks for the advice you gave me.
I seriously need an art museum.
Or just a museum.
I hope your day was great.
I agree with you about Hallmark, it's nice to know without them knowing you know. LOL

10:37 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory Screams...

Hey, insomnia? I know all about that... Don't worry, that's how to cure it I guess. Don't worry.

I have no idea how to poach an egg. Did you figure it out?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

insomnia? isn't that a really really good stephen king book? it is, try readiing it when you have trouble falling asleep, and listen to "Coast to Coast AM"

2:39 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway Screams...

did you say eggs, my darling? hm. yummie! there, there! no worries. i shall fix us some nice warm toast with jam also.

how are you doing, me handsome lad?

*mauhz and hugz*

~kerry

12:36 PM  
Blogger Life with Blake Screams...

Aza - thank you for the kind words to TLR during our relationship (this is Rae). Even though things didn't work out because of the miles I will ALWAYS keep him in my heart.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home