Sunday, May 28, 2006

The ever Changing face of Blog

The Poetress Quz Boss and the Superhero BedSheetKid have both decided to walk away from the blogland permenantly. My sweet Irish lass Kerry's blog is blank and I don't know if she's coming back. The Snarkmaster Alekx is taking an extended sebatical. Bm (whos comp I'm currently using since I'm house sitting for him and the Hottie) has said that he's too lazy to keep it up anymore. Both little lawyer Linds and the soon to be married Rebekah haven't posted since May 12th (hope they're both ok and will be back soon). EFFXB is off looking at his new kid (who I'm sure is totally adorable).
It seems like my Dead But Dreaming and my Lost in the Darkness lists are growing far too fast. Perhaps that is the biggest problem with blogger in the end, you come to feel like friends with people you've never met, yet it is still far too easy for someone to walk away when thier typing is done. In real life you have cards and phone calls, here you just have the ghosts of comments past and dead links that lead to darkness.


PS. Rebekah's back, and SHE GOT MARRIED! That's right - Hitched, Wed, Joined, I do'd, Crossed the threshold, Linked, Tied the Knot, Took the plunge, Settled down, Became one! It's one of the few good things that have happene this year. Here's a toast to you Bekah and your new Hubby!

12 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

Yeah I hear ya....Im glad you stopped by and watched that video. It was really too much.....uggg Im still feeling shitty....(excuse the pun)

mom

9:20 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Keeping anything going is hard, but I think with art of any sort (yeah, I count blogs as art) it's worth it. Glad we're still here! :)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I feel the same way you do hun. I get to very much care for those I read all the time. I mean they have let us into their lives, and come into ours. And to have them just leave without any way of keeping in contact is like loosing a good friend.

I would willingly keep in contact with anyone of them by e-mail, cards, phone and anything.

Just remember I'm here, and I would always like to keep in contact. I treasure you Aza. I really do.

Okay was that to sappy??? h ehehehehee

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Well, I almost walked away... AGAIN... the other day (and you know b/c I think I emailed you about it). But then I decided that I was simply going to stand my ground. My cyberfriends like you are too important to let go just because I happen to have a few haters out there, lol. =o)

2:24 PM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

When I started blogging couple years ago, it was fun but after a while, I begin not knowing what to write anymore.

It is darn hard to keep it going, if it is not because of friends like you guys.. I think I would have quit blogging long ago.

People come and go, that is the fact of life.

Just hangin there.. Even if I go offline for couple of months (like before), I know where to find you. Update us if you planned to change your URL.

Good friends don’t come everyday.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Funny you should mention it... :P
I'm having my home access to internet shut down on the 1st (of June).
You are the 1st to know in bloggerville because you are o, so topical! Peachy-keen and generally groovy. <-(Add warm, fuzzy smile, just for you, here)
I've got Shoestring-budgeting concerns until I'm done, done, done with school.
I got access at the college soooo I'll still post and haunt sites and dangle a comment here and there.
I Love my blogger friends. (Thank-you Burfica, for getting me started!)
Cheerios2U Aza!

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

i know what you mean. but i hope to still keep blogging away. but the only one i would miss if i stopped would be you. so i guess the first reason why was because i needed an outlet for my feelings and now i have you so i can't quit now!

10:19 AM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

I suspect in a couple years' time, blogging will be like CB radios. Still a viable audience, but no longer pulling people in through popular novelty. Anything that starts as a "fad" has the possibility of either having the life drain out of it or of coalescing into a cult.

My main problem is What to Write. That, and looking at everything as possible material. Say, who came up with the idea of logos on napkins anyway?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

imagining a life without blogging is far too painful for me to contemplate right now...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

I just wrote a beautiful goodbye comment to dear ol bed sheet kid. :D

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Had 2 go, cuz when iz time to go... Well iz time :-( I'mo miss ya 4 sho cuz u was like da 1st Blogger I think I eva talked too... I just gotta keep up with lyfe and just step away from da internet jus cuz. I hope life treats ya well too! I'mo miss ya lil homie but imo gleam and shine in real world otha than da internet. Luzz ya and see ya!! PEACE ;-) 4SHO

4:20 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

I know what you mean, cleared out my lists last month too. Kinda sad.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home