Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ups and Downs: The rollercoaster never ends

Well lets take a look at the past few days.
My friend Kells Bells got into a car accident with her 3 year old son Smileboy in the car. He's alright, but her back is worse than ever. I stayed with them during everything, and little Smileboy proved once again that kids have a very simple grasp of life when at one point while we were playing trains to keep him occupied he turned to me and just said in a sad voice "My Mom got hurt" then went back to playing. Almost broke my heart to hear him say that in his sad little voice.
Of course I went to Midgets stag the other night. No you sick fiends, there were no strippers (Amazonias orders, although she has her Shower tom. and I don't think Midget made the same stipulation for her so who knows whats going to go on there), but there was a lot of alchohol. Midget was quite inebriated, as were several of the others there. (Rule of thumb, when someone tells you six times in a row that it's not just the Alchohol talking, it means it's the alchohol talking). I stayed sober (had too long a drive ahead to go home to get drunk). BaldGod was there as well, and it was nice to see his old evil face. We sat outside and talked about old times and told stories, as well as listened to drunk people make fun of each other in that special "if we were sober someone would get pissed, but since we're all drunk then to hell with it" way. We even had a bush jumping contest. It's funny though, I think back to when Midget first planned on getting married and it was such a differant crowd then. So many of the people that I was sure would be there have faded into the past and now arn't. Time changes the face of our lives in such a way as sometimes it takes something big to notice all the small differances.
My poor Cuz Gundamschlong managed to get a job and lose it on the first day. That so sucks. They say they overhired. I think I'd just cry (or shoot someone). But after all he's been through it's just more background noise for him. He's a strong stubborn SOB, just like most of the men in the family, and I have faith he'll pull through all the crap with flying colors and a sarcastic remark.
Also found out that one of my Cuz's is having a child. She and her hubby announced it to everyone just a few days ago, of course I found out a few days early since she needed a drive to the doctors one day. Always love being one up on everyone else. Now we just have to convince them not to name the child after anyone in the Hubby's family, which bears such great names as Jebidiah. The horror.
Unfortunatly my Mom still isn't doing too good with the loss of my Aunt. She was tired today and was sitting out on the deck and without thinking about it called my Aunts old number. Of course this put her in a horrible mood for the rest of the day. You try your best, but sometimes nothing helps the pain.
Also got news that my sweet little Roe Roe has finally been approved to adopt a child. She can't have any due to surgery and her and her hubby, Guitarman, have been trying to adopt for about 2 years now. Still waiting on details but one is definatly on the way.
My 2 newest favorite songs are both country, one by Toby Keith called "Nights I can't remember, Friends I'll never forget" Which mirrors my collage years, and another by Rodney Atkins called "If your going through Hell (Don't slow down)" which gives some good advice. Glad some of you liked the lyrics to "Ships that don't come in" a few posts ago. I so love the words to that. I have been downloading on my sisters computer, which is cable, and it's so much faster than mine. Can also find such rare gems as Spinal Tap and Cher doing "Just Begin Again", the Five Blobs doing "Beware the Blob", "Chloe Dancer" by Mother Love Bone, "Beautiful Lies" Sung by Sweethearts of the Rodeo, as well as "Kitchen" by the Lemonheads. Add in lots of old Metallica, some Jimmy Hendrix (was so glad to get "Wait Till Tomarrow"), Jethro Tull, Phil Collins, and just loads of other songs and I'm a happy man right now surrounded by music.
Of course when I tried to come on the comp today it told me my last payment bounced and if I didn't pay I'd be off the internet, thankfully Babushka came to my rescue and is covering the cost for me this month. I so need to get a job soon. Think it's time to break down and go to a Temp agency.
So peace for now and I'll try and comment on some blogs now.

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Burfica Screams...

Hey hun, whatever pays the bills. When Gigantor got out of the Navy. A bunch of other guys here got out of the service, and wouldn't work unless they had a huge good paying job. Gigantor worked at an icecream shop/arcade at night, did some side welding for cash, and yard work for elderly for cash then he got a day part time job in motel maintenance and the arcade thing at night. Just so he could do those and bring money in while he was searching a good full time job.

you'll find something if you put yourself out there hun.

Your mom dialing your aunts isn't that unusual. I still pick up the phone and try to call mom.

I bet that little boys voice touched your heart, when I got hurt in Texas. Kiddo kept saying over and over, "I hope you don't need surgery" and "you really scared me mom"

I know, more than a year later it still really affects him, cuz he will tell people that "My mom got so hurt once, she dislocated her elbow in front of me" and it breaks my heart every time.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

aza, i hate to sound rude, but, where did midget get his name?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

Actually Libby, it started as a kind of joke. He used to make cracks about me being tall (6'4") and so I started telling him I wasn't tall he was just short (5'2"). Then he started calling me Big Man and I called him Midget and it just stuck.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Wow -that's a lot going on. I will still have a thought from time to time where I imagine my uncle who committed suicide a couple of years ago will be at a family function that's coming up... then, I suddenly remember. I think it'd be much more often that this kind of thing would happen with a sister. I feel for your mom & will be thinking of her.

Meanwhile - good luck finding a good job. And keep yourself surrounded by good music. I think that's the key to feeling balanced for some people the way that exercising may be the key for others.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

P.S. - for me it's ALL about the music...

4:11 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

I hope you find something soon. It's great how you are always willing to support and encourage everyone around you. I hope that good karma pays off fast! :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

Sounds like a typical stag(already been to 4 this summer lol).

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear about the new children in your family and extended family!!

Dude, I've asked a couple of times are you still looking into retail, I may be able to help. Cellular retail, if your interested let me know...

7:25 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

Aza-you are tall!! and...he's shorter than me!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

UH-OH.....

A Priest, a Pentecostal Minister and a Rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette.
They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop. One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard.

A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They
would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it and attempt to convert it.

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss their experiences.
Father Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches and has
various bandages, goes first.

"Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him
first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, "WELL brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I
went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP
another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quick DUNKED
him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of The week in Fellowship,
feasting on God's Holy Word, and praising Jesus."

They both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed
tubes in and out of him. He was in bad shape. The rabbi , with a look
of wise reflection, looks up and says,
"Looking back on it,
circumcision may not have been the best way to start.

Figured if'n ya get yer internet shut off, you'll need a good laugh t'wander along with.
Good news is, even if'n the internet gets shut down, ya can still go to the library and retyrieve fine pieces of humor....well, not like THIS claptrap, but, real humor.....

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa Screams...

hello idiot god. you caught me at the mention of the Necronomicon. Haven't heard that word in many of moons. Just wanted to say hello and I'm impressed with your passion.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

haha... Glad you liked them... Hmmm kinky? haha. Marc and I always end up play fighting, it's quite fun!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home