Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Shift change

So things are still on a holding pattern at work as far as benifits go. But they have changed my schedual, I am now Monday-Friday midnight to 8am. This should be an interesting change, and not all in a good way. While it does mean that I don't have to deal with the drunk friday/saturday students, it does mean that I have to deal with morning rush hour both at work and getting off work. I so hate traffic, especially the folks in New Haven who really have no idea how to drive. Nothing like trucks that back up in the middle of a one-way road, or ones who just stop in the middle of the road and leave thier trucks to go do something. Ug.
But anotyher change is that we are no longer supposed to use the computers at work, wich mean it's going to be harder for me to keep up on blogging, so don't be suprised if my post and comments take a bit longer now.
Lastly, it will make it harder to go to sleep in the morning. When we are getting out at 6:30 it's still somewhat dark out, but when we get out at 8am it's already quite bright. fortunatly I have my room pretty blocked up for darkness, but it still is brighter.
All in all thogh I'm looking forward to the change. I like having my weekends free, especially cause it may mean I get to sleep with Babushka both nights, as lon as she doesn't mind driving here after she does her Nanny gig.
Hope everyone's doing ok, and I'll write again when I can.
Peace

8 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Burfica Screams...

I know it sounds stupid, but I told Alekx the same thing, and it helps tons with her. Sleep mask baby. Get one, use it, sleep well.

10:41 PM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Or those delta-wave CD things. Those are actually pretty good.

Also, yes, you'll still have rush hour traffic to deal with...but all of it will be going the other way.

Stay well!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

Trust me on this. Like Burfica said sleep mask. But go to like Bed Bath and Beyond and spend a bit on a nice comfy one. I spent like 15 dollars on mine. It's soft, when my eyes hurt I can put cold packs in it. it blots out the sun and I sleep like a baby. On the days I'm not sleeping so well, a over the counter benadryl. Hey they tell pregnet women they can use it so it's okay for us regular folk too.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

aza-i totally agree with burf & alekx...sleep mask + benadryl,25mg, safe & makes your brain quit thinking about what you oughtta be doing instead of sleeping!

2:31 PM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

Pass on the drugs, man. Don't use drugs to replace your life.

The mask sounds ok, but, basically, you have to ask yourself some other questions about the situation, first.
Is it permanent? Or, will it last a while?
If so, try this. Return to your normal agenda, only use your work clock as the master clock. That means, you stay up and PLAY when you get home from work, but, be mindful of getting enough sleep, later. Run, jog, sit around the house and read a paper or book. Go shopping. Whatever.
Eight or so hours prior to you getting ready for work hit the hay.
NEW HAVEN?!? My gawd, there as bad as INDINAPOLIS! Jerks couldn't drive if they were reading the manual on driving WHILE they're driving, and believe me, I've seen them try!

I couldn't stand the driving through Indy until my brother got me a terminator. Maybe I should send it to you, 'cause I finally solved my driving through Indy using a different method....
I quit driving through Indy except at 0500 hrs.

11:01 AM  
Blogger V Screams...

Another vote for Benadryl.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Did you just say Run & Jog?

Speaking from personal experience (since I am the same way), Jeff wouldn't even run if the Cloverfield monster was coming his way.

Hi Jeff by the way!
Everything is good, my back is out, the children are beautiful, and the wife is as well.
New pics can be found at cohfaces.com just search BigDaddyDream.
Also at myspace.com/theeventualdream
you have to be my friend but thats easily done. :)
Be good!

PS Did you know that every time you use the term "Ug" in your posts I think you're talking about me? LOL

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I agree on the sleep mask.

Hope things are going well for you guys! You know, I never sent your Christmas card b/c you had moved out. Can I send you a just because card at the old addy now?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home