Friday, November 20, 2009

Sad

So after 17 years my friend who I call my Lil Sis is finally moving away from me. She and her Hubby are aiming south, down to the old folks state of Florida. Both of us have had a history of losing people, both friends and family, so we always swore we'd be the ones who always stuck together. But life turns and sometimes you just can't fight the passage of time. This isn't the first time she was supposed to move away, but this will be the last. The last few scares sent me into a major depression at the time. So far I'm coping better this time around, I'm old enough to know that distance doesn't mean endings, not if the love is strong enough. I've held onto my Bro even though he's been in bOregon for about 10 years now. My little Brendragon has been in Denver for several years, and while talking to her is sometimes far between the love is still there. J$ moved to San Damn Diego. Boston is, well in Boston of course. So I have no doubt that my Lil Sis will stay in touch. I also know that over the last few years we haven't spent nearly as much time hanging out as we used to. But part of it was knowing that if something went wrong with either of us we were within running distance. Too many times we have been each others go to person when everything falls apart. I know she has her hubby and I my wife, but it's scary thinking I'll be facing life without her nearby.

1 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

That is why God made Facebook. It is not like the old days.. You can still talk to friends that live far away and feel like they are still right there.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home