Thursday, July 01, 2004

Time

Funny thing, each day seems the same but I keep getting older. Things that seemed so damn important once fade into the past. All the things I do now will someday be just memories of then. It's the crulest joke the world plays, no matter how good or bad things may seem time doesn't stop. Eventually all our joys and pains will be lost in the past. Someday no one will know or care about my life. Even family don't carry on the memories. At best someday someone will do a family tree and wonder about that one odd name stuck in the middle. Pictures fade, memories fail. Tommarrow follows today no matter hwat happens to us. People die and it seems like the end of the world, love dies and we swear we can't go on. But the world doesn't care. No matter the tradgedy, or even the victory. My first girlfriend died and I can't even quite remember what she looked like anymore. I've been to so many funerals and weddings, but they are gone except for pictures. I've been in love and I've made love to people, but it's only in my mind now. I can sometimes remember being happy or depressed but it's hard to hold on to those feelings, and half the time most of what seemed so important then isn't now. Time's moved on and we go with it as far as we can. But even when we finally fall by the wayside it will continue it's journey without us. We age. Our friends age. Children age. Our families age. Someday we and all we care about will be gone and none will remember us. Our accomplishments and failures will not be important. All we have is now, and it moves so fast. Don't waste time. Never miss a chance to say you love someone. Don't hold a grudge. See the people who are important to you, hug them, spend what time you have with them. Someday it'll be gone and all we have will be dust. The future is not ours. All we have is now, and our memories of the past. When we go so do they.

3 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

You know what Cindy says don't you?

"Time after time"

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka (why you call me this I don't know but...),
Know that I love you, always will. Know that you will not be forgoten, because I will write down stories and tell stories about how good of a person you are. If I do have kids someday or if I don't and my friends have kids I will make sure that they know who you are and were, because you are to important of a person not to be remembered, your to important to me. You mean to much to me and there isn't another one out there who could come close to you, that is why you will be remembered. You will always be loved, at least by me, and all those I tell even after you and I are gone.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Who could possibly forget you my love? You are the standard to which I measure men in my life. I teach ants to treasure the traits you possess in their choices in the future, and the ants know who the scource is. Be comforted.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home