Monday, December 13, 2004

Weekend madness

What a crazy weekend. One of my friends mom had a stroke so I went to visit her in the hospital. She's going to be ok, which is good. It was hard seeing her there almost helpless, she was always such a strong willed women. We haven't always gotten along, and she is in some way responsible for one of my relationships ending, but she's changed alot over the years and it hurt a part of my heart to see her like that. I send all my love to her and her family.
I also house sat for BM and family. I don't know how they sleep with that hyperactive dog of thiers around. He wants to be in the bed with you and will whine in the hall till you let him in. He's a toy daschound (I think) and gets cold so he'll crawl under the blanket. Then about an hour later he gets hot and crawls out. An hour after he's going back in... you get the idea. Of course he walks all over you everytime he moves. Thier cat also slept in the bed, but after petting him for about 5 min he just settles in and is happy and unmoving for the rest of the night. Of course thier other cat takes this time to run all over ythe house like she's insane. Ah hell, who am I kidding I love spending time with the pets now that I have none of my own. I miss Iggy though (thier black cat of doom).
I also had to fit in the last of my shopping (have I mentioned I hate holiday shopping. Not the buying or looking, just the damn crowds). I also helped a cousin of mine move a few pieces of furniture. Fit in work and gift wrapping (till 3am) and that was my weekend. I need a vacation.

2 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Yes sir I feel your pain. Kate and I are so used to Paisley’s routine we don’t really notice any more. Last night she was growling in her sleep and barked twice. She must have been dreaming of the late Iggy cat stealing her toys! Man did she hate that!! Like little kids those two!! I appreciate your sacrifice for keeping our home safe!! You’re the man!!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
I am sure all invovled are glad you went to the hospital, and I am sure she appreicated it greatly. I am so happy to hear she is going to be okay.

I feel your pain I had one of those weekends myslef, work through the hole thing, I don't remember being home and I don't remember sleeping.....I am sure I did, I think...

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home