Thursday, June 22, 2006

Movies

You know whats one of the hardest things in life to do? Try listing your top 5 movies. Just when you think your done another one pops up, then another and another, next your expanding the list to ten, but then some more step in. There have just been far too many really good movies over the years. For instance my list would read like:

1. Princess Bride
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back
4. Jaws
5. wait a moment... how can I not include the other 2 first Star wars movies? Or what about Lord of the Rings, they just blew me away. Then theres the first 2 Alien films.How about Pirates of the Carribean? Heck I can watch Green Mile over and over again. Then there's 13th Warrior. What about Alfred Hitchcock classics like the Birds, Rear Mirror, or Psycho? Maybe some other Steven Kings. What about George Romero's Zombie films, I LOVE those! Then there's Beauty and the Beast... Crap! I totally forgot about Disney movies...do they count? Or what about Wallace and Gromit or some of the Pixar films (even the shorts like For the Birds?)? Oh man, I almost forgot to name Dark Crystal... but maybe that just a kid film. Then should I include the comidies like Caddyshack or Airplane or Johnny Dangerously or Animal House? Maybe Strange Brew? Musicals like Chicago or Phantom of the Opera? What about Batman Begins? Perhaps...
Well you see what happens. Thats not even including the guilty pleasures we all have (For me it would be Rocky Horror Picture Show, or maybe the Chase, or Jurassic Park, or Caveman, or House on Haunted Hill, or Oliver Twist, or ...heck even this list is too long.). I just can't cut some of these out. I could spend days watching them.

So what about you, can you do what i can't? Could you list just 5 without wanting to come back and change it? Just 5 movies that you see above the rest (forgot to mention Godfather actually. Or maybe Full Metal Jacket. Oh hell... Stripes!). So many greats to choose from, maybe you even have favorites that no one else would think of. Can you do it?


(Don't even get me started on a music list either!)

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Lisa Screams...

I love Dark Crystal. Oh & yeah, I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Have the sound track.
I couldn't even begin to name my top 5.
Actually, it's been years since I've been to the movie theatre. seriously.
I'm such a sad sack.

12:18 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Top five arghhhhh I shall try in no particular order:

1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Harold and Maude
3. Driver 23
4. Man Bites Dog
5. Buffalo 66

9:56 AM  
Blogger rebekah Screams...

i couldn't even begin to do that. with music or movies. my tastes wan and change to often ... that said, currently, the top 5 films are:

1 waking life
2 the royal tenenbaums
3 no direction home
4 amelie
5 almost famous

i'm so boring :)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

That is nearly impossible but you will have now put CU on a feat she will have to conquer!

I would have to off the top without trying to think too hard:

The Big Chill
Witness For The Prosecution
Shawshank Redemption
Caddyshack
What Ever Happened To Baby Jane

2:57 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

I couldn't name just five - you are so right,, but you got a lot of them that I would name - esp the steven king drama's - shawshank and the green mile.

You didn't name Monty Python and the Holy grail though!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

In order to make your top 5 list you have to sub-categorize them further...
Top 5 Comedies
Top 5 Horror
Top 5 Romantic Comedies (Chick Flicks)

That sorta thing... I could do that...
You remember our favorite movie we used to watch, while drunk, in your family room downstairs?

Drew

PS Lisa you need to get out more... :p

PPS Nice feet Julie...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I have to many I love also, but I will name the top 5 that jump into my head right away.

1. Chronicles of Narnia, lion Witch and the Wardrobe

2. All Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies

3. All Jurassic Park Movies, and Alien movies

4. Old Musicals, like Wizard of Oz, Meet me in St. Louis, Sound of Music, My fair Lady, Oklahoma, etc....

5. Young Frankenstein

shit I failed. I grouped a bunch in cattagories. hehehehe

1:23 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

...Mr Destiny
...Shallow Hal
...Ghost
...Shawshank Redemption
...Phone Booth

my best shot...

3:10 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

I did forget the Monty Python Movies, and the Indian Jones ones, and Ghostbusters, and... well thats my point isn't it? I just can't limit it to five.

1:21 AM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Can't do it. Limiting oneself to five movies is like limiting oneself to five potato chips. Yeah, it is possible, but you keep thinking about the bowl of uneaten chips and that defines the evening.

"So, whadaya think about--"

"SHADDAP! I'm watching the bowl of potato chips! NONE of them will escape!"

"Uh. Okay. I'll just eat these nachos."

"NACHOS?!?"

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home