Friday, September 22, 2006

Fairs, Drinks, and the victory of Spam

Went to the Durham Fair this morning with Babushka and BM and his family. Had a blast, there's just something about the food you find at a fair that can't be beat. Also, it's fun going with someone who has kids since the little ones just give such a fresh perspective on the stuff. After about 5 1/2 hours though my back was jelly and we had to leave. Now I have to wait till next year for some of that food. Sigh.
I'm playing designated driver tomorrow night. I have to pick my Lil Sis and her hubby up at 2am from a concert. Should be interesting, it's been a long time since I last saw her drunk. Of course I'll be bringing my camera. Heh.
So after all this time of fighting it I finally had to turn on word verification for my comment section here on blog. I came home today and found 17 spam messeges had been left on my blog. The evil is that they leave them on old posts where your not likely to see them, but I have my comment set up to go straight to my AOL e-mail so I can just click on the link and delete them when they show up. But 17? C'mon thats getting rediculous! So While I do hate the word Verifictaion (Half the time on my slow old comp the letters don't show up at first and I have to hit the post button before they show) I just feel like I've run out of options. I won't make this a blogger only place, so instead I guess my readers will have to put up with verification. Sorry.

7 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Some people fight back against spam:

http://spamusement.com

I hate to bear (sort of) bad news, but even after I'd turned on verification I still got some spam, though only a small fraction of what I was getting.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

fairs ARE fun! and the food!! OMG!! try a deep-fried snickers bar, aza!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I did it a long time ago after I was getting 9 to 10 spams with each post.

I love fairs, and festivals.

Can we just say FUNNEL CAKE yuuummmmmmm

6:55 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

No doubt, Spam sucks, whether its unwanted mail or canned meat. :)

2:54 AM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Hey!
A good share of Fun at the Fair has to be the eats - you're sooo right about that... and spammers are so-so terribly wrong.
I send them to the forever trash heap whenever they DARE, and yes, I've noticed they like to sneak into the archives. What IS up with that???
I mean WHY??? WHY SPAM if no one's gonna see it and you're just gonna tick off the blogger? Spam is too good a word for scum like that. grrrrrr...... (breathe.)
Tirade over.
My word verification here is tihye.... giggle.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

That's so weird, Amazonia and I went the same day, only about 5 hours after (I had to get out of work...)
Too bad we couldn't have run into each other.
Gimme a call ya big lug. I think I should be gettig out of work by 6pm every night this week, so we should hang out. see yers.

11:31 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

Have you ever thought of selling real estate door to door?? You can learn all this and more!! LOL

Glad you had a good time at the fair, dude thats only like 30-35 minutes south from me, you have to let me know when your up this way!

What's funnel cake is that like Italian Fried dough? ;)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home