Wednesday, September 20, 2006

These Are The People In My Neighborhood: My Lil Sis



We met in collage back in 1992. She was dating the man who would become her hubby at the time. The problem was we became such good friends and spent so much time together that everyone thought we were more than just friends. Which we were, just not in the way folks thought. Even her man thought something was going on, till he got to know me better. So in order to stop having to tell people over and over that we were just friends we started to call each other family. She became my self-adopted Lil Sis and I her other Big Brother (she already has one Bro.). Time and again over the years whenever she had problems I came running. We spent hours on the phone and just as much time visiting and hanging out. No matter what was going on I was always there for her. What came as a shock to me was that whenever I had problems she would come running to my side too. I wasn't used to that. Not back then.

It's been a bumpy ride the last 14 years. Both of us have been through so much. She has had some really bad times. Another case of good people getting the shaft. I have helped her move more times than either of us can count. I was her hubbies best man at thier wedding. Wether it has been a ride, money, or just someone to hug, I have always done my best to help keep that smile on her face. Just as she has moved heaven and earth to help keep one on mine. Through relationship problems, through money problems, through family problems, through deaths and losses, we have stood next to each other. Despite several 'almost' moves out of state, she's still here.

We had both had a history of losing the people we cared about. But between us we've changed that. Now we both live knowing that no matter what happens, no matter how bad things may get, there is always someone in the world who will never let us be alone.

She is truly one of my Angels. And she will always be my Lil Sis.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

A beautiful thing you have :)

4:48 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

it's wonderful to have a friend like that. A friend that is truly family, that will come running when you need it. I have two of t hem, and I'm truly blessed.

3:44 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

The best kind of friend to have is one you consider family Az!

and damn you have quite a large shoe collection...

9:50 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

hold on to her, aza!! as a friend, ya know...there's almost nothing more precious than an opposite-sex friendship!! lots of perspective from them!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

hold on to her, aza!! as a friend, ya know...there's almost nothing more precious than an opposite-sex friendship!! lots of perspective from them!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Totally awesome...

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home