Thursday, August 10, 2006

Light the Night

Full moon out tonight. It makes the nighttime shine.
Once called Luna, which is where we get the words Lunatic and lunacy because it was believed that it drove men mad. People feared it, associating it with darkness, which I never understood. It dispels the darkness, allows us to see the world in it's nighttime glory.
I just got back in from a walk. It's just so beautiful seeing everything in it's soft white light. Reflections from a sun a world away. A piece of this world sent out, forced out, to look down upon us in our darkest hours.
The focus of superstition and stoires and mythology since the dawn of mankind.
Man in the Moon. Never been able to see him myself.
Once believed to be made out of cheese. Heh. Gotta love what people will believe.
You can actually go to the Lunar residency site and purchase some property on the moon. I'm not kidding, type in 'Own the Moon' at Google and check it out. Just like you can own a part of the ocean. Scary what people will buy isn't it?
I just love the moon.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Brandy Jackson Screams...

The moon was georgous last night. I dragged hubby out to see it. He isn't as facinated with it like I am.

I think the moon makes people crazy. I know it affects my mood.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

i totally love the moon too!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

I just stopt by t'apologize fer m'"song"
it was a bad seed I may have sown.
About yer sadness, I think I was wrong.
Hey, everyone's misery is their own.

Just saw "Five People Y'Meet in Heaven", and
there was a bit about different perspectives.
It reminded me that all folks have quite diverse plans.
And everyone deserves t'live as they lives.

I realized I missed the point when I had written
not t'be so sad as t'dig a hole and climb in.
The thing is, it's not up t'me, of yer sadness t'be contradictin.
In fact if I was you I'de be sayin'"boneman, go suck on a lemmon!"

(and, boy! Do I ever hate sour!)

Now, about that full moon, dang m'girl dog be chasing all the boy dogs around!
Humpin' em, yappin' at 'em, and in general being quite tacky.
Thankfully the full moon's only once a month, eh? Heck, even the cats are done with her bein' wacky!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

My grandma always says you can really predict when a pregnant woman's due date is by the cycles of the moon. She says most will go into labor during a full moon. She was right with my first pregnancy, and almost right with the second... they induced before we got a chance to really know for sure.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Heya Jeffy,

Next time we hang out, I'll show you where to find the rabbit in the moon. That's what the Japanese have always seen instead of a man.

Pretty cool

11:37 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I love the night myself. The moon the stars, the stillness. I love it.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home