Monday, January 21, 2008

One last blog

Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes. - H.P. Lovecraft

The chairs have all been put up. The floors mopped and cleaned well. All the glasses neatly arranged. The jukebox unplugged, it's songs silent now.
The journey has been fun. I thank you all for walking the path with me. But life awaits beyond the door, and I must follow the piper now.
The future becons. And A future I do have now, a much brighter one than that when I started this journal of my chaotic mind.
Your friendships have been a great gift, smiles in times of darkness, laughter in times of light.
Yet in chaos, as in life, all thing end.
This is farewell.
From the Blind Idiot God, to all those who have stopped by these pages....
Thank you for your time, thoughts, and friendship.
A smile.
A Bow.
Please,
turn the lights off when you go.

Sincerly,
Jeffrey D Jennings 1/21/08

13 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Libby Screams...

oh, damn, i was afraid this was gonna happen...but, i do understand, and have the BEST life going forward!! we ALL love you & wosh you the best in your future & marriage!! peace!

10:45 AM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

We'll miss you, Azathoth--but a good life trumps the best online world.

Take care and always remember!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I am so glad I got to know you. Your are an amazing friend, and I hope we stay that way.

I understand about real life, it's so much more precious than anything on the computer.

Enjoy every moment of it. and know you will always be loved an missed.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

My heart wants to break but its so full of the peaceful things that you have said to me these last few years. I want to rail and demand you to stay but more then that I want to know that your heart and soul are far from the dark place you found it in when we first met. I hope you get all the things you need and everything you want. Best wishes to you and your fiance and the brightest hope that your angel forever lifts you up and protects you from the things that beat you down.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Brandy Jackson Screams...

Sorry to see you go. Best of luck in the future. Thanks for stopping by :-)

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I will miss you a lot, but I am very grateful for all the kind words and funny stories you've shared over the last couple of years. I know that you are entering a totally new phase of your life, and I wish you peace, happiness, and love. Don't ever question how much you deserve all those things! Love ya!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

The Blog-o-sphere will miss you!
However, better this, than NOT showing up for your real life, and doing all you can to find and follow your bliss there!
With deep appreciation for you...
I sincerely wish you nothing but the best - always, and in all ways!

4:32 PM  
Blogger hellophotokitty Screams...

Jeff, we have been through so much together here - even though we have never met, but our lives and stories have interconnected several times, having felt each other's pain and joys in so many different yet similar ways, I wish you nothing but the best in this new start of life for you. I have no doubt that you will find peace and happiness. It has been a long journey, but finally, you have found your way home, and oh what beautiful home it will be.

God bless you
We will all miss you so very much.
Thank you for coming into our lives...
xoxxo

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

about fuckin time.

5:13 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Best of luck and it was nice knowing you! Make your life a GREAT one!

11:14 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

You are a wonderful and understanding soul. May you get every good thing this life has to offer. Good luck to you and yours...nothing but love and respect for you!

Mom

1:13 PM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

About turning off the lights when one goes....

Y'know, a fair amount of folks have mentioned that, when describing me, that the lights were on but no one is at home.
It's true, I leave the lights on for when folks drop by, so they don't have to stumble about the dark.
That I am not the sharpest tool in the drawer never bothered me because, after all, who would want to have a sharp hammer? And yet, how useful a hammer is.
Not playing with a full deck.....heck. I LIKE euchre. It's a fun game and doesn't need the whole deck.
Few bricks shy of a load. Well, I was only intending to make a BBQ anyway, so I don't NEED a full load.
Think I have a screw loose? Nah. I leave it loose and use duct tape over it so it's not as hard to get undone.
Lost my marbles? Well, dang! I'm 57 this year! I'de say it was aboutr time, eh?

So, when it comes to turning out the light? Nah. I'll just leave it on for when y'all wander back, be it a year, ten or fifty.
See ya, buddy!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway Screams...

Um, I object! The Sox won the World Series, I take a few months off to celebrate--lol--and you leave me/us!?

I think not! Spring training has begun. Let's begin--Guinness? ;)

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home