Wednesday, July 07, 2004

comics

I've been collecting comics now since 1984. It used to be one of my favorite things to go to the comic store or find them in a flea maket or even go to a convetion. But latly I've found myself picking up the ones I get and not being excited in the least about them. It's become something I do just because I've done it for so long. Yet I'm not sure how to stop getting them. I even look for ones on E-Bay from time to time. I tell myself that once I've filled in a few holes in my collection I'll stop, but how many holes should I fill in? Will I be able to stop or will the fact that I've been doing ths for over 20 years keep me going back for more? Half the time I don't even orginize them anmore, I have quite a few stacked up in a pile that I keep saying I need to go through, but haven't. Part of me feels like I should keep getting them since it's almost like a little part of my childhood that I've held onto. Giving up would be like letting go of a part of myself. But when a hobby isn't fun anymore maybe it's time to let it go. Then there's the question of what to do with them. Sell them? Put them away for a future child that I don't plan on having? Store them away where they'll be forgotten? Give them away? Maybe I will finally stop soon. Or maye I'll find the love I once had for it again. Or maybe I'll just keep going out of some sense of this is just something I do. I just don't know.

2 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Hey it's Babushka,
Most of us have had hobbies, even silly ones that you are happy they don't last, but some we hold on to, and this is one you have had for a long time. It is part of you, and I don't think it is something that should be gotten rid of. May be you should spend sometime away from it, sometimes we just need a brake from things. Try to remember what got you excited with them in the first place. Maybe you could share them with someone, like me. Sometimes I think you can forgot how good some of the story lines are until you revist it with me, and I enjoy it so much! Maybe when you share it with someone you like it more, because there are times your face lights up with laughter when you are telling me about comics, and it makes me laugh too. I can't tell you what you should do, but knowing you I don't see you getting rid of them just like that.

8:44 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Milk and Cheese are the gods of comics. They love gin and they will kick your ass while drinking it.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home