Sunday, August 08, 2004

Giving

I've always been the type to give people gifts for no reason. I do make sure I try and give them stuff for the holidays, B-days, ect. But I don't always need reasons. If I see something I think someone would like I'll buy it if I have the money. Or if I know someone needs some I'll give them money. I try and be the one who pays for things whenever I go out with people. If I'm low I'll let others pay, but if I have the money I'm paying. It's just the way I am. I don't think much about it, I don't expect to be paid back either. I don't let people borrow money, if I have it I give it to them. Saves a lot of hassles. What I don't understand is why some of the people I buy for or give to seem to get all anal about it. They say they feel bad about taking it. But if they need it and I have it why shouldn't I give it to them? I don't do it to prove a point or be a dick about it, it's just I have something they need and I can spare it. Smile, accept it and move on. It's like buying gifts too. People get all squimish about me buying them things, whether it's something they need or just somehting they like. Money just doesn't mean as much to me as seeing them happy. I don't understand why this is such a big deal. If I can't afford it I won't offer. But don't expect me to sit by and know you need help and not give it if I can. Don't feel bad, don't act like you owe me anything, don't feel ashamed. Take it, give me a hug, and then drop the subject. Several people get wierded out if I buy them gifts. The Demon was great at being flustered by gifts. She'd go on and on about how I didn't need to buy her things and I would tell her what I tell everyone, I know I don't need to but I want to. Of course she'd accept the stuff I bought her. I've never had anyone refuse a gift (they try but I tell them if they don't take it I'll just throw it out. I'd never bring a gift I bought someone back.) Sometimes people try and pay me back. They don't suceed (I'm great at just sitting money down in thier house or putting in thier purse). They don't understand I don't give things expecting to get it back (except books). People think way too much about money. I know we can't live without it, but that doesn't mean it needs to be the most important thing in the world. That spot is already taken in my world by my friends and loved ones.

2 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

You are the most giving person I know! Have a great Vacation!! This is a time to give to yourself. 20 gifts a day! you deserve it!!!!

Have a safe great time.

Not to safe

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
It takes a while to get use to, especially when you are not use to it at all, even I think you can amitt to that. I have found though that it is a wonderful feeling, which is why I have tried to do it for the people I care about when I can, although it is not to often, but I like it when I can. Let me say thank you once again for all the times you have done it for me. Thank you for being so giving and loving.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home