Saturday, November 20, 2004

Thanksgiving thoughts part2: My little Sis

I met my Sis in collage. She used me as a human shield to protect her from Inspector Gadget. Over the years she has been, time and time again, the person who I could turn to when the sh*t hit the fan. Just as I have been there for her through all the good and bad stuff in her life. I may not have always had the answers, but I'm always right there. I stood as her husbands best man at thier wedding (funny considering origionally he thought she was cheating on him with me. We've managed to become friends, through her, over the years.). I have helped her move through a million residences. At one point we called each other ever single day at least once. Despite the fact that she repeatedly denies it I consider her my Angel. If it wasn't for her I would have ended my life long ago. She is a wonderful person who has many times come to my rescue. From listening to me ramble when drunk to coming running to my rescue at the drop of a hat. She is beautiful both inside and out (another thing she denies despite both myself and her hubby telling her this for years. But, like the song says, you can't hide beautiful.) and has been my constant companion through this messed up thing I mistakenly call a life. From talking for hours to sitting and holding each other as one of us cries, she has been a source of strength and hope for me. We joke about one day running away from it all and living on an island somewhere (well, maybe it's not totally a joke...). She is one of the few people who I no longer worry about losing. While the day may come when her hubby talks her into moving away from this state (although not if I can help it) she will always be in my heart and my life. I thank her for this. For defeating the 10 year curse. For being my Angel. For being her. Thanks Sis. I love you.

3 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I still say I am not an angel but who am I to argue with my big brother. Thank You for always being there for me from inspector gadget to my fathers funeral and more. Thank you........little sis

7:45 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Lil sis is good!!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
Your so sweet, as is she. I raise my glass to both of you, to a friendship that exceeds them all, that will never die, and always stay strong.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home