Thursday, November 18, 2004

Thanksgiving thoughts pt1: My Bro

I just want to take a little time to say a few things about some people I know. This will be ongoing, when I have nothing better to write about, type of thing. Kind of a thankful for knowing people type thing in honur of Thanksgiving.These are the people in my life:
First off is my Brother from another mother. While we are not related by blood, in our hearts we are family ( much like me and my little Sis and my daughter, both of who'll I'll discuss later.).
My Bro I met in nursery school. We met outside the class on the first day. We were 4 years old. We held hands going into the class because we were both nervous. Even though he moved away from my school in 1st grade, and I moved out of town in 2nd, we kept in touch. I have know him and his family through the birth of 4 of the 6 kids, the divorce of his parents, and the remarrage of his mom. They have been a second family for me and I have spent some of the best times of my life in thier company. My Bro and I can spend hours just talking about life the universe and everything. We can listen to music ranging from Jethro Tull to Pink Floyd to Rolling Stones to Beatles to Iron Maiden to REM to Johnny Cash. We'll discuss books or comics. We used to go for walks all over Staven. We would sit for hours, him with his pot me with a bottle (nope never did drugs then, give me vodka and I'm happy. Actually I've only smoked twice. Once with my Bro once with my Sis.).
Several years ago he moved out to bOregon. Since then I've only seen him a handful of times, and we only talk when one of us has money (not often.). Yet when we do see or talk it's like no time has passed. We've both moved on in our lives, yet we both fit well into our lives no matter what happens. He is like a reminder to me that friendship can last through anything. I'm not ashamed to say I love him and his whole family. So many times he has been there for me when I needed him, and me for him. We don't judge each other or our lives, we don't expect anything from each other other than friendship. He has been a pillar in my life since before I can remember.
I wanted to say I'm thankful to have him in my life.

2 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

I agree with this wholeheartedly. There is nothing more infuriating to me then when someone passes and everyone jumps up and talks about how great they were, how much they were loved and all the selfless things they did.

What good is it then? None, and nor is it going to warm the heart of the person who deserved to hear it. There is no better time then the present, as the future promises you nothing.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
I love the way you talk about the people in your life. You have so much heart, it is one of the things that I love about you.
You remind me that sometimes I need to say a little more to the people I care about and love.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home