Sunday, April 10, 2005

Farewell to a driving companion

In my car I have a few of what I call my driving companions. The first ever was Boris, a hand puppet spider. He was part of a toy line from when I was young called Sectaurs. He's been in my cars since I started driving. I've even let friends barrow him when they went on vacation so he's been to more places than I have! The second is his older brother Spike. He's a furry spider that hangs from my back window. I also have the younger brother Damion, a wind up spider (he doesn't work anymore) who stays in my ash tray. I have an eyeball hanging from the other back window that glows red when you hit it. I have Sully from Monsters Inc. (when that movie frist came out my friend Midget called me up yelling "You have to see it! It's 2 hours of you and me! A little hyperactive guy and a big furry guy who are trying to protect a girl from harm!). I have a hair clip and a hair scrunchy (I used to have a thing about hair clips. When the Demon used to ride with me I got used to stealing anyhting she had to hold up her hair and keeping them in my car. After she left this last time I took all hers out, but still have a white clip from babushka and a purple scrunchy from isis. I lost the other one from my Lil Sis, will have to steal a new one from her.) The white clip also holds a Spork (Because you never know when you might need the worlds most usefull utensil!). I have a small toy decapitated head with chains screwed into the eyes. My nephews think it's the coolest thing ever.
And last summer I got Sticky Mouse. I was out with Isis getting something from dinner at Shaws in Middletown. On our way out they had those machines that you put in quarters and get stuff in little almost impossible to open. One of these had sticky bugs in it, on the front they showed a sticky purple spider. So I dug out $0.%0 and gave it a shot. What I got instead of the spider was Sticky Mouse. It was small, white, big ears, little sad eyes, and a red nose. I laughed about it, and decided to test it's stickyness. So as we left I stuck it to the hood of my car and decided to see how long it would take to fly off. 2hours later after driving at 50mph, Sticky Mouse was still there. I decided that he had proved himself to be one tough little bastard and took him and put him inside the car on the dashboard. All winter he freaked out almost everyone who touched him. It was great.
A few days ago when I got into my car I noticed that his ears wern't standing up right anymore. I tried to get them to but they stayed stuck to his head instead. I had a bad feeling about this. then today as I got out of work I saw that Sticky Mouse, that tough little bastard, had begun to melt. His right front and back paws had fused into a solid mass, his tail had begun to curl up, and his eyes were slowly drooping down his face. So tonight when I go home (I'm at Babushka and she is patiently waiting for me to get the hell off her comp) I will take him off the dashboard and give him a burial in the side yard (Yes I'm going to bury an inanimate object, So What! Leave me alone!). I will say ado to a great driving companion.
Sleep well Sticky Mouse, you did good and will be remembered, even if just by me.
(Now if I could just find another of those machines...)

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger wwww Screams...

Uhm.. Im speechless.

I lied if I said I have something to comment on this *lmao*

12:05 AM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

We should write memoirs of our road trips in the freezing cold with the windows rolled down and name it "Travels with Boris"

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

i have my own driving companions also. super glued to the dash are a golden buddha, a hula doll, a pair of wooden dutch shoes, a plastic man smoking a pipe, a ceramic figurine of a dutch boy and girl kissing. i also have a golden buddha as a hood ornament. that kind of stuff is fun,huh? hope you don't lose your mouse.

9:03 AM  
Blogger kitten Screams...

Ok...this is scary..I have sully in my car too..a stuffed one and a plastic one! lemme know if you need any hair acessories, A..i have boxes!

10:16 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Rip to sticky mouse. Connor has sticky mouse's twin brother at our house!! He loves that little bugger!!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

hmmmmmm I feel left out that I have no driving companions in my car but I'm so sorry to hear about sticky mouse
Tis a sad day when you have to give up a cherished friend.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Alekx the house elf is so small you could super glue his ass to the dash. hehehehehe

I had scooby, eeyore, and pooh bear bobble heads, and they did fine when the hubby drove, but whenever I drove the heads would shoot off and slam into the back somewhere. hehehehe I'm a maniac

4:44 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

Say what you will huh? GREAT! I think I'll say... Go fuck yourself...

9:49 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

dayum I feel like we ended up in church
:-)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

am I supposed to stand or kneel or cross myself, or just cross my eyes/???

If I'm going to hell, then I'm gonna hold the gate open for your dumb butt. hehehehee

11:07 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

NO!
Say it's not SO!?
[is he really dead or doth he sleepeth?]
Poor sticky mouse.
Anything that can do the Highway surfer thing at better than 5 mph has an appreciative nod from me!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home