Monday, April 18, 2005

Re-run Movies

Every have one of those movies you can just watch again and again? Yet if you have some of them on DVD you never end up watching them? I always find it funny, I can like a movie; go out and buy it; watch it once; and then almost never watch the DVD again. An example is What Dreams May Come. I love the movie, yet once I had it on DVD I only watched it once. It's been on my shelf for almost a year now but I never watched it again. I don't know why. I have several movies like that. I own the special edition of Jaws, but I almost never put it on. Yet if I'm scanning the channels and come across it I'll sit and watch it on TV, commercials and all. It's wierd.
Yet there are some movies I put on again and again. Shaun Of The Dead is one of them. So is Princess Bride. Also Shawshank Redemption. I haven't figured out what the differance is between those movies I'll re-wind again and again and those I watch but once. They're all great movies (at least to me) yet Aliens I can watch 2x in a row while Hannible has been collecting dust since a week after I got it..
Maybe it's just me...

12 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger V Screams...

That is odd, but I have the same problem with certain movies, even if I think I love them. And I concur: Shaun of the Dead is OMG funny.

12:21 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Todate – I have more than 200 DVDs and more than 500 VCDs. Uhm.. most of them are DVD quality but they are not the original – the picture/sound quality are as best as original copies. At the price of USD 5 a piece, who would say no?

I watched many movies even before their movie premiere in the cinema. (( To those who don’t know, Asia is the mothership for pirated DVD/VCD movie/audio. How can I resist, 5 buck a piece?))

So, if you have almost 1000 DVD/VCDs at home like me, would you “re-run them? I bet not.

1:09 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Continue, for lower quality picture and audio, the price is USD 2 or 3 bucks a piece.

Lower quality doesnt mean it is bad, you can still watch and hear them.

PS- I used to be a "dealer" to many european and american friends when i was a little younger but.. I am a big boy now. *LOL*

1:12 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Oh my god, I made a felony confession on the internet?

Hehehe

1:14 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I do that too Aza. I have some I've watched over and over. Mostly sci fi or fantasy. But I have others like What dreams may come, and shit I have a ton, that I go, oh yeah good movie, then don't put it in and watch it. But like you will stand transfixed to the t.v. with commercials when it's on. Gigantor stood and was watching Armegedon on the t.v. I said, go put the tape in, they won't cut anything out, he goes yeah I should but watched it on tv. anyway. LOL

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

i do it too. does this mean i have to go out and buy all these movies just so i don't have to watch them again? how strange. why do we do that? i do it with national lampoon's vacation, the burbs, and some kind of wonderful among nameless others...zillions of others.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jim Screams...

DAMN !
the elections have been rigged in favor of germany
india won !
i demand a re-count !

new pope is a cheat !

1:59 PM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

A, I watch Shaun of the Dead almost every week--masterpiece, I also love the Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing and Ingrid Pitt Hammer Horror Movies, old school get ready-Trick or Treat from back in the days, Wedding Singer, the Exorcist, George Romero, my videotapes of Mystery Science Theater shows, Star Wars over and over, Pride and Prejudice, Point Break, H.E.A.T. I don't know why but I do this all the time. Over and over and so many movies...not enough time.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

I could fall in love with Creeping unknown. I LOVE the old horror movies. Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing but also the Lan Chaney Sr and Jr movies, Boris Karlof Vincent Price.

Shaun of the Dead, I almost pee myself everytime I watch that movie.
Timeline is one of those movies I'll watch over and over. Thank God for netflix and **cough cough sputter** DVD burners

Wait

Who said that

I mean thank God for netflix and unlimited rental abilities.
Yah that's it

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

might as well fall in love with TCU. Her husband is in love with so it's only fair.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

Trick or Treat?!?!?! LMMFAO

That movie was so funny...
Ozzy as a man of God...
Gene Simmons as a DJ...
And last but certainly not least...

Skippy from Family Ties as a Heavy Metal high schooler who unleashes a demon... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Recovered Believer, you wish my poor husband was in love with you. You are in denial

Trick or Treat was so cutting edge. I thought it was so cool to run to the theater because Ozzy and Gene were in it. I can't escape the fact that I love that damn movie. I bought it on DVD from Amazon. I'm waiting for that Joan Jett disaster - Light of Day. Another movie I can't resist!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home