Sunday, June 12, 2005

Banned from Musical Buffets (memories and stuff)

Twice in my life now I've had a girlfreind of mine refuse to ever go to a chinese buffet with me again, through no fault of my own. Let me explain and judge for yourself.

The first one was when I was dating my Isis. We lived in Middletown and one of our favorite places to go eat was a chinese buffet. Well, we were heading into it one day and had been having a bit of a contest to see who could come up with the most obscure TV jingle from either an old cartoon or TV show. We had been going back and forth since the afternoon, and just as we were walking in I got another one. Without any thought of where we were I began to sing :
"Hong Kong Fooey
Number one super guy
Hong Kong Fooey
Quicker than the human eye"
Everyone in the restaurant turned and looked at us by the door. Isis freaked, grabed my hand and forced me to leave. She never let me take her back there.

The second was when I was dating Rie. We had just finished eating at our favorite chinese buffet and were just paying. As I watched, one of the waiters came out of the back room carrying a tray of Generals chicken. Due to the shape of the buffet I was the only one who could see him. He tripped over the rug and the tray of chicken went flying. Without missing a moment the waiter droped in a split, waved his hands back and forth quickly, and caught the tray without spilling anything. I was amazed. I looked at him, he looked back at me, and without thinking about it I burst forth:
"Everybody was Kung foo fighting
Those cats wre fast as lightning!"
Well, he started laughing, but since I was the only one who could see him everyone else in the place turned and gave me a dirty look. even the other waiters and the guy who was ringing us up looked pissed. Before I could explain Rie grabbed me and once again I was never allowed back to that Buffet.

So I ask you, why did I get blamed?

15 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

kinda like when I got in trouble at friendly's, when I was working the grill. I sang the "swedish chef" song (bork bork bork!) and offended a swedish person sitting out in the dining room. I got written up for it too.

Everybody's a critic....

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

this is some funny shit right here...


http://rathergood.com/morris_dancers

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

http://rathergood.com/morris_dancers

1:10 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

man, I don't know what their problem was, i would have been singing with you. People need to lighten up. LOL

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I'm going to be singing Hong Kong Fooey for the rest of the day... had forgotten that, but I loved it!

Sounds like it was nothing more than a case of bad timing... on two separate occasions.

4:53 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

You dam racist!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

I don't see what's so racist about it?? I mean it would be different if he was singing about japanese people or Chinese people's eyes or something or singing about the pain they went through as they went throuigh harsh labour working on the railroad... But he wasn't... As long as it was jokingly and he wasn't being serious about it. I mean if he was say in a resteraunt and started singing about black people and calling them "niggers" (I hate using that term) or something like that then it would be big time racist and that would be bad... anyways, see my point?

2:24 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

No way!! He is a punk ass racist!!!!!! If you are in a room of asian people and the only thing that comes into your head are those songs, well you are a racist!! He can't get past the sterotypes!!! RACIST BASTARD BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tee heee heee

see you thursday you racist!!! : )

2:31 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

take me dinner and I'll do the Kung Fu dances to your songs.

I bet we'd get a free meal if we'll just leave with our singing and dancing talents in tow.
hehehehe

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

that is really funny. you sound silly. i would have laughed too.

4:31 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory Screams...

Oh, Gosh, this is hilarious!!

I don't blame you a bit, Aza.

P.S.- your girlfriends have really interesting names! I always wished my name wasn't so common... How do you luck out to find these people with uncommon names?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

I loved the kung foey cartoon w/ that cat who really took care of everthing.. can't believe you remember that ---
i love your stories, they always make me laugh,
lots of love and hugs to you

9:01 PM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

You have the best stories!!! I enjoyed this post ALOT!!!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
I love that story espeically the second one. Every time I hear that song or go for chinese, even with you I think about that, especially when we are at a buffet.

I think the closest I will ever come to seeing anything like that will be in a movie.

Isis, and Rie should have forgiven you and gone back, it just too funny!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Ah! Diner and a show! [Bonus!]

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home