Monday, May 30, 2005

Memory Day

This being Memorial Day I'd like to take a moment to stop and remember all of those who are gone. I miss them all and hope that if there is something after this life they know that I'm can't wait to see them again. As life moves on we all eventually drop out, in the end our lives are short and all those we love will either pass away or watch us do so. But just because they're gone doesn't mean the feeling we had for them are any less. I loved them all when they were here, and I still do even though they have gone ahead. Life is a road, and someday we'll all reach the clearing at the end of the path. I'm not there yet, but I know they'll be waiting.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Efrain Rodriguez... just wanted to add a name to your memory list. This is the one person I want to greet me when I get there. I am sure he will have a lot of stories to tell me with that excited twinkle in his eye.

11:07 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

Hell yes you are JJ!!! I was tippin 4D's for you all weekend!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Aza, great post. I'd like to add my father, Victor, who was a 2-tour Vietnam Vet who died from a 4-pack-a-day habit and alcoholism. He was very traumatized and could never adjust to living out of the jungle. I miss him so much and I will give him a big hug when we next see each other...

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

i would like to remember my granny- bertha coyer. and my aunt anne who died at the age of 44 from alcoholism. also my great grandma virginia that died when i was in the 7th grade. she had a pretty magnolia in her yard.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Chief Slacker Screams...

one website is a huge sobering reminder of the poeple we're losing right now overseas. icasualties compiles write ups on people that gave their lives...

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I like your idea of expanding the meaning to remember all the people we've lost who have meant so much to us. Great post!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home