Monday, July 24, 2006

Action in Trouble

So I was watching an action movie today, and it got me thinking. All these action heros always seem so cool and dependable when there's trouble. It makes me wonder which of them would actually be any use in case of a real emergency. I mean any major emergency. A massive earthquake, war, city on fire, Zombie apocalypse, any life threatening major emergency. Would they be any use? How close are they to thier screen portrayals?
So here's my question: Which two action movie heroes would you want with you in case of a real emergency? If your life and the lives of those you love were on the line which of them would you really want there? (It will be them in the prime of thier careers, so you can pick ones even if thier now old or even dead.)
Also, which two of them do you think would be completely useless in a real crisis situation?
(Now remember, this is supposed to be in a real life situation, so no picking someone just becuase you find them attractive. I'd love to be stuck with Cathrine Zeta Jones, but not if I was stuck in a collapsing building that I needed help to escape.)

Just to jog some memories, here's a quick list of action heroes that I can come up with just off the top of my head:
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Mel Gibson, Jackie Chan, Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, Jon Claude Van Dam, Stephen Segal, Steve McQueen, Angelina Jolie, Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, Dwayne Johnson (aka the Rock), Sean Connery, Val Kilmer, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Jennifer Lopez, Pierce Brosnon, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Cathrine Zeta Jones, Denzel Washington, Orlando Bloom, Jet Li, Dolf Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Brandon Frazier, Will Smith, Keanu Revees, Wesley Snipes, Nick Cage, Antonio Banderas, Errol Flynn, Sigorny Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, John Wayne, Matt Damon, John Travolta, Charles Bronson, Douglas Fairbanks, Halley Berry.

As you can see there's quite a list, and maybe you have someone in mind I didn't think of. Just name 2 that you think would be usefull, and 2 that you think would be useless.

13 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Dream Screams...

Bruce Willis
Simple as that.
After the original Die Hard, if I was a gay man, I would have been his gay lover stalker.

10:41 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

MILK AND CHEESE!!!!!! (comic book)

They would drink a whole lot of gin and kick your ass while doing it!!!!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Useless one's are Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie. All they could do is talk about other countries and that wacked religion.

I think the one's I would think could get me through some shit would be.

Mel Gibson, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Chuck Norris, and WEsley Snipes. I say this only cuz I think they are more down to earth, and they are smart and can figure some shit out. Doesn't hurt that they could kick some ass either. LOL

1:14 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

What an AWESOME question!!

I asume they would have all the abilities they portrey on their shows/movies? If So:

Useful:
Magyver - Although not a fan of the show someone who can do ANYTHING with NOTHING (or chewing gum) is always useful!

Hamilton Ford and Errol Flynn tied for 2nd. Ford as Indy could get out of ANY problem with nothing and Flynn did ALL of his own stunts.

Also want to throw John Wayne somewhere in there...

USELESS: Tom Cruise- needs too many gadgets plus I think he's like 4'11" so its not like he could carry me if I was hurt.

John Travolta- He would just try to convert you to Scientology before you die.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

useful-arnold schwartznegger & sylvester stallone!! (and, throw superman in there too, okay?)

useless-angelina jolie, & pierce brosnan...

2:27 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

Actually Lone, I mean the actors behind the movie charectors, how the real people would be in a situation similar to all the movies they've stared in. When it's real and not a script, how do you think they'd do?
I totally forgot about Richard Dean Anderson, I'll allow him even though he never starred in a movie.

11:09 PM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Jack Slater, no question. We already know how he'd react in the real world.

My second choice would be...well, gosh, with Jack Slater, you need no second choice. So I'd like to spend my second choice dollars on some large guns, please.

12:48 AM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

Ooooh I have to chime in on this one.

Useful... Jet Li and The Rock.

Useless... Keanu Reeves and Tom Cruise.

I think Angelina Jolie would be in the useful category, though. She's had to learn some crazy moves and has had a ton of training for her movies. Yes, I watch the Actor's Studio.

1:14 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

what about Richard simmons and Tony Little!! They are high energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

Az if we're talking the actor behind the character then definately John Wayne and Errol Flynn...none of these modern actors want to get their nails dirty....

My useless would stay the same.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

MacGyver and the A-Team! (I'd need the whole team, if that's okay.)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

I guess out of that list my choices would have to be as follows.

Jackie Chan - Cuz I know he can take and give out ass kickings. He would be sort of a meat shield for me to get around with. He can punch/kick through some walls if I was stuck in something and obviously he can kill or maim 12 people twice his size (at once if need be)

Well then sadly Ill have to pick Orlando Bloom, I know he's not entirely useful, but Im sure he has good aim after all that LOTR stuff and even if it was just throwing rocks at crazy people it would have to help... the other reason Id want him with me should be obvious.


Useless - Tom Cruise for all the apparent reasons, and the fact that Id have to kill him with my own hands if he jumped on my couch.

And Keanu Reeves - the last thing I want with me in the event of a state of emergency would be a bad actor.

6:14 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Useful: The Rock & Jackie Chan
Useless: Chris Tucker & Stephen Seagal

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home