Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Questions?

Ok, so Good Friday is a celebration of the death of Christ, and Easter is a celebration of his resurrection. Yet somewhere in my memory I thought there was 3 days between his death and ressurection? Does that mean it should either be Good Thursday or Easter Monday?
Also, Why do the christians think that the Easter Bunny has anything to do with Christ's Ressurection? Despite what Rhode Island State Rep. Richard Singleton may think, the Easter Bunny has NOTHING to do with Christianity. It was a Pagan symbol of spring that the christians stole when they couldn't get the pagans to stop worshiping it (much like Santa and Halloween).

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great Easter, wether you celebrate it for Christ's rebirth, the arrival of spring, or just an excuss to eat chocolate. Remember to spend time with family and loved ones, eat lots of food, eat even more chocolate, and act like a bunny by humping your brains out.
Peace.

5 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger V Screams...

I had that same thought, that there weren't enough days in between Good Friday and Easter Sundy. I'm off tomorrow so looking forward to chocolate bunny clearance! woooooooooooooot!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Easter Monday is the third day.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

In my opinion it was done friday and Sunday so everyone could have friday off. hehehehe. Now they don't give good friday off anymore. Those heathens!!! (lmaooooooo)

Okay I'm full of it today. I would have had bunny humping sex, but I have another fricken UTI and I'm just to uncomfortable.

Hope you had a good day hun!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

I mean, Sunday. Not Sundy. Geez.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Missy La Roo Screams...

"Why do the christians think that the Easter Bunny has anything to do with Christ's Ressurection?"

Huh? Christians think the bunny and the Resurrection are related??? You're kidding, right?

Let's see what I remember from Catholic school: Good Friday is when Jesus supposedly dies (at noon or something). The mourning continues on Black Saturday--no indulgences (i.e., no meat or sex). Come Easter Sunday, that's when Lazarus (or some other dude) supposedly discovered that Jesus' body was missing from his grave. Later on they find out that He had risen from the dead.

Happy Friday the 13th! (it's still Friday on my time zone, hehe.)

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home