Friday, January 26, 2007

In the Dark of the Night......

I should be sleeping.
It's 2am and I need be up at 5 for work. But Sleep and I are fighting right now so instead I'll post whatever wierd thoughts may be in my head at 2am on a dark and windy night.

Peace and farewell to the Lone Rangers who has decided to curtail his blogging. His was a fun blog to read, where honesty and laughter abounded. He'll be missed and I can but hope that perhaps at some point he may reconsider, even if just becoming a part-time blogger. Yet I hope to start a bi-monthly horror movie night soon, so mayhaps I havne't heard the last from him.

They are switching me to night shift as of next week. Aparently I'm off the part-time thing, I'm at 39 hours this week and 40 next. I have to go in at 9:30 Sunday night. So far things go smoothly, yet thier training methods prove confusing to me. They've been training me at posts that arn't open at night, which means once I am on nights they will have to train me all over again. Wierd.

I got my first paycheck today. It's the first one in almost a year. While it isn't a huge check it will allow me to take Babushka out to lunch saturday to celebrate and thank her for all her support over the last year. She so rules.

I found an awsome T-shirt. It reads: Zombie in Training. I so wish they had it in my size. Maybe once this job does it's side work of helping me lose wieght I can get one that fits.

We all have many good memories of life, but what makes me wonder is how many of those memories have to do with sex that we've had? I mean, even after years there are still some instances of sex that I can still think back on fondly, even if the relationship is long gone and ended badly. I've talked with other people and they say that when they think back on things they rarely think of the sex they've had. They have a hard time remembering specific things. It's just sex in general and while they can say they had a blast (pun intended) they can't really remember many details that stick out (pun intended). Maybe I'm just wierd. Yet if I think back I can remember things like a look on a face, they way it felt, touches and movements and sighs and stuff. I can remember whole sexual encounters quite vividly. Am I alone in this? Does this mean that those who I've made love too remember only that we have slept together and never think fondly of those encounters?
Yeah, it's 2am and I'm thinking oddly ain't I?

Still waiting for the library to get in the new Clive Cussler book, Treasure of Kahn. At this rate I'll be able to buy it with my next paycheck before they get a copy avaliable for me. I put a hold on it three weeks ago. This is why I'll buy a book instead of going to a library, just to avoid the aggrivation.

Work needs to hurry up with my uniforms. While I do have nice clothes to wear after 7 years of dressing up in retail, the fact is most of those clothes are about 7 years old and don't look quite as nice as they once did.

Haven't been haging out with anyone much since work began. Just too damn tired. Once they get me on nights that should clear up, I hope.

I own way too much stuff for someone who only rents a room. I mean, most of it is knick-knacks, books and memorabilia, I only have 2 pieces of furniture to my name. How the heck did I acumilate all this? Am I that bad when it comes to not throwing stuff away? This isn't even mentioning my comic collection or this computer. Just way too much stuff.

I can't remember if the jewelry store owes me a W-2 form. I don't quite remember when exactly I got canned. Not that it would amount to much, but if I can even get a $50 tax return, well, all the money can help right? Crap.

My Bro may be leaving CT. He has to go back to bOregon to put his stuff in storage (the person who has been holding it for him is moving away) and I thought he was coming back after he did this, but now he's saying he wants to go visit his other brother in Santa Fe, NM. I know him and know that if he likes it he might just stay there. That just makes me sad, I like having the old boy around.

Ok, I gotta try for at least another hour or two of sleep tonight. Don't want to conk out at work, that just wouldn't look good.

Peace everyone.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Hope you managed to get some sleep. I can remember a few special sex-related things... a few looks on faces, etc. I think they all had to do with emotional connections too, as they are all with hubby. =o)

Hope you and B enjoy the lunch!!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Weird. Now you got me wondering if the on again off again insomnia Ive suffered from all my life has some kind of timeline to it. Because about 2 to 3 weeks ago it started again. I can be worthlessly tired and the sound of the dog licking himself can wake me up (quite irate) and I cant get back to sleep for hours (3-6). Im running on 3 solid hours today for the first time in a week. Hmm, so maybe is a winter thing. Summer insomnia happens but normally it doesnt feel so... hopeless. I can usually get back to sleep within a half hour or so.

I spend a bit of time myself pondering past sexual encounters. So you are not odd at all from where I sit. I think Jaded may have touched on something though. When I sit here contemplating that matter, there are a couple of instances I can fondly remember in which there wasnt a deep attachment. But most of them that I enjoy remembering (old or new, good or bad) I did have some type of intense emotional connection with.

What is odd is that if I find myself awake in the dark at 4am and NOT thinking about sex, I really have no hope of getting back to sleep. Seriously. If I ponder the next days events, or even consider a happy moment in my life I am DOOMED to be awake for hours. Old fantastic sexual memories always are the last thing on my mind as I finally drift off.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I get insomnia rather regularly, but my body seems to have adjusted to it. The other day, I woke up at 3:30AM absolutely convinced it was 8:30, and I was late. I ran out of bed and into the bathroom until I noticed the 3 was a 3, not an 8.

I can remember sex, but only abstractly, like it happened to someone else. Maybe it did, and I'm misremembering certain movies...

4:45 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I suffer from that dreaded insomnia too. I will be up till 3 or 4 in the morning, just start getting real good sleep by 5 or so, and alarm goes off at 6. uggghhhh

When I look back on past sexual relations. They were all pretty bad. I mean not all of them were horrible. Lots of them held hope, some were just horn dog moments. But there was some amazingly bad and horrible one's. uggghhh

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Nice to know I'm not the only nocturnal one lurking about this place. Last night, I too had difficulty with that ever elusive sleep. Have you thought of passing along some of your hoarded treasures? I've found that this often opens a karmic door for newer, often better, things. So.......does night shift mean we get to hear your chaotic thoughts more often? If so, I completely support it. There's a unique beauty in nighttime. I can't wait to hear about what you discover as you journey through it.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
well you are as weird as me, because I can recall great details of sexual incounters. That is what happens when you love somebody with your whole heart, like the way I love you. It is a level of intimacy that can't be forgotten. I know I am being sappy.
Now I need to go get some sleep, I have a big day tom. and it is already 1:30am, which is why I have started to ramble. love u.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home