Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Updates

So far so good with the job, although driving for 8 hours straight a night sure takes a chunck out of me. I slept 9 hours yesterday, which those who know me should be amazed considering how little I normally sleep.
Babushka is sick with a fever, which mean V-day will be postponed this year. I did give her her aquamarine earings already, but she's going to have to wait to learn about her other gift. I'm going to buy tickets for us to go see either Phantom of the Opera or Lion King on broadway in May. I'll let her decided wich she'd like to see.
My cuz has had her baby. He's adorable and she's happy because she's already begun to reclaim her ankles.
Waiting for my tax return to come. It won't be much since I didn't work much last year, but it should be enough for me to finally open a savings account. Now if the dang government would only hurry things up.....
Speaking of that, why is it that we are required to do our taxes yet the government makes it so dang hard to get the forms? The local libraries don't have any of the federal forms and the post office doesn't carry them anymore. I had to go steal some from a H&R block type place. If they want us to file then they should have to mail the forms to us.
A big welcome back to Alexk, who has returned from a year long hiatis. Can't wait to hear what the snarky-one has been up to.
Anyways, I'm off to get some sleep. Tonight should be interesting with the storm moving in. Not sure how thats going to affect driving in New Haven. Hopefully all the students will stay home tonight.
Peace.

Oh, and as a added bonus, for those of you who have a bit of sick and twistedness in thier souls check out: skary.net and watch the theatre. Truly wonderfully disturbing stuff.

10 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

welcome back big man.!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Happy Valentine's Day for you and the Babushka!
Sounds like you are settling into re-employment fairly well... all the best for your Valentine's day plans playing forward all the year round, my friend!
=)
Cheerios, Aza!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I haven't even taken my taxes to my tax guy (just a friend with the program that charges two bottles of canadian wiskey to do them) hehehhee

I was waiting on some paperwork, I guess it's all in. Seems like I'm missing some though.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

"ZZZZZZZ"....trust me, aza, when you wake up, you'll have a hard time gettin' your car out!! north central ohio's buried in 17 inches of snow!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Good to see things are mostly looking up for ya! Happy V Day and Tax Refund Day!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

It took the IRS a little longer than normal to get me my return... my state check came first, believe it or not. I love the idea of going to see Phantom of the Opera or Lion King. You rock, Az. Sounds like Babushka has Valentine's Day year round. =o)

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Aza, Happy belated V-Day to you and Babushka!! You have two great shows to choose from! Hope you enjoy which ever one you pick! Glad to hear the job is working out for you *smiles*

8:44 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

Happy V day to ya
I'll post tomorrow what I got

IT"S AWESSOME!!!!!!!!!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

RE: tax forms

The Canadian govt is a lot more diligent in that area. They always mail your tax forms ahead of time, gives you the option to file online... etc. They're VERY good at chasing ppl's butts for money.

Glad to hear you're settling pretty well, Aza. Sorry that Babushka's sick. If you tell her about the Broadway gift, it might speed up her recovery! =)

Cheers!

4:43 AM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

I have been fighting with the NEW blogger. I lost. Am losing, am in the process of losing my battle. I HATE GOOGLE...there I said it out loud...come find me at my very TEMPORARY home...until google "finds" and "replaces" my other blog....THOSE BASTARDS...

Glad the job is good. Its a JOB and thats GOOD!! LOL

Mom

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home