Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Me and other me

So I was driving home from work (which is going very well, thank you) and I realized that I was talking to myself. Like, not just talking out loud but actually carrying on a full conversation where I was both sides.

Me: Another day gone by.
Me: Yep, but you still have a full day ahead of you.
Me: Huh? What do I have to do today?
Me: Well, your supposed to be taking Mrs. Mac to the doctors, then it's off to see Babushka.
Me: Oh yeah, I forgot. What time is the Doc?
Me: Well, shes got to be there at 3:45, so you should be at her house by 3:15 at the latest.

Now I always remember in school them saying that people talking to themselves was a sign of insanity. So I tell myself to stop it. But instead of stopping I start talking to myself about whether or not I'm losing it.

Me: Isn't talking to yourself a sign of madness?
Me: Used to be.
Me: So does that mean I'm gone off the deep end?
Me: No, at least I don't think so.
Me: Then why the heck am I doing it?
Me: Well, probably just because your tired and need sleep.
Me: So it's ok then?
Me: For now, but don't make a habit of it.


So I'm putting it down to being overtired. Feels wierd when you catch yourself doing things like that. Wouldn't suprise me in the least if I'm going bannanas. But for now I'll accept the whole tired thing. Think it's time for bed. Ok?
Yeah, that sounds good. But don't forget to set the alarm.
What time do you think?
Well if you have to be up for....

Damn.

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Libby Screams...

well, aza, DO NOT worry asbout it at all! after all, you ARE making sense, aren'tcha? trust me...only worry when it gets to .."him, i'll hack his head off with a chainsaw'..."her, i'll stab in multiple places"...
you're fine right now! get some sleep, life's becoming normal finally, you just aren't used to it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I've admitted to myself that I have gone insane and coo coo a long time ago. hehehehe

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I talk to myself constantly.

Weird thing is, I generally make sense and usually am able to work out problems this way.

Of course, I don't agree.

Well, you would say that.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Tiamat Screams...

From my perspective, talking to yourself is just par for the course. Of course, it's even more interesting to have some feeble transgressor shoved between one pair of teeth while the other four debate the relative aspects of his fate. (I choose the masculine pronoun as most annoying transgressors are male.) Think of it this way, sometimes you have to talk to yourself in order to carry on an intelligent conversation. And besides all that, I thought we had agreed long ago that we are comfortable with our insanities...

Regards,
~Tia~

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Everyone talks to himself/herself. But most people aren't sane enough to admit it. =o)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

...and both sides of the conversation were lucid and well kept. I've come to know for a fact that not every man can look inside and have a decent conversation with himself! Congratulations and um, carry on, dear Aza...
lol

7:52 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

I think the PURPLE you is very smart!! lol

I always talk to myself. I do it in FRONT of people, not just like, in my car and stuff. Your not insane, your just super COOL like me...

Mom

8:00 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

And is there something wrong with being mad (mad I tells ya!)...?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

Its only wrong if you get caught.

Wow I just realized I have so much in common with Bill Clinton. I love Bill.

8:24 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

LOL! I loved the end of this post the most. I think the commonly held belief that talking to yourself means you're nuts is utter bullshit. I think it's a way of staying sane, and we all do it unless we're worried that we're nuts.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Missy La Roo Screams...

Hahaha! WELCOME BACK, dude!

BTW, like you, I've been talking to myself for as long as I can remember. People have told me that I'm insane, weird, Gollum's bride, a witch, etc. etc... but I wouldn't stop self-talking. Out loud!

And now, when I look at those same ppl who called me weird names and that, I realize they're not the happiest ppl in the world. Weird self-talking Moi, on the other hand, is well and HAPPY!

CONCLUSION: Insanity can lead to happiness. So go ahead, talk to yourself and discover your own thoughts that way.

WELCOME BACK again, Aza! And CONGRATULATIONS on getting a new job! Cheers!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home