Thursday, October 04, 2007

Everythings coming up roses...

With the occasional thorn.
So on the first day of my two days off I'm out driving, have a lot of stuff I want to do and take care of, and so of course my car blows up on the highway. I guess a hose from the radiator blew out, which should be easy to fix, except when I finally get someone to come out (Of course I have no cell and the nearest place with a phone is almost 2 miles walking distance away) the car still keeps overheating, which means something other than the hose is wrong. So now I'm carless for a bit. Which isn't the world destroyer it would have been usually, since I work at night I can borrow my folks car to at least go to work. It just means that I'm house locked during the day, and folks... cabin fever didn't take long to set in.
This is the second time my car's died in the last two weeks, wonder if thats a sign?
Anyways, other than that things are still going good, although I'm not sure how I'm paying for the car if it needs major work, guess I'll have to put off a ring payment for a bit. Seems like just when I'm making good money all these bills jump out of the woodwork. Pay off the ring, Save for the wedding, save for an apartment, Christmas, Get a passport, Need new winter clothes, save for Babushka's friends visit, All the usual bills (car, electric, gas, phone/cable/comp), Insurance). How the heck did I manage to live a whole year without a job? Or for that matter how did I do it when I was making almost half of what I do now while I was in retail for all those years?
But all this is petty stuff in the end. I am happy being engaged, have good people in my life, and for the most part don't mind my work (although still waiting on the benifits!).
Well, I can't sleep, so maybe I'll go sort some of my bottomless pit o pictures for now. They take up my entire nightstand. I used to be such a camera whore. Seems like so long ago that I took most of them though, maybe I need to get started annoying people with my camera again. Everyone used to hate me with that thing, although then they all wanted copies of the pictures once they saw them. Go figure. Maybe I'll find a better one of me for my profile even, a more recent one that doesn't make me look like Orca the killer whale. Of course, that might be hard to find. Oh well.
Hope everyones doing great.
Peace.

10 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I'm having car troubles today too! And it's my new car that is supposed to be under warranty, only I've take it to two dealerships... both said different things about what's wrong, but neither thing (conveniently for them) was covered by my warranty. Now, I've dropped it off at my regular mechanic to see if he can tell me the truth about what's wrong.

Hope your car woes are over soon!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

my car or a major household appliance does that every time I think things are going well. grrrrrrrrrr

Hope it's nothing to major to fix.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

I just bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot...

I'M SO SORRY!!!

5:27 PM  
Blogger `NEFTY Screams...

There's always a good chance of catching the bus ;]]]]

2:54 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Keep on truckin' (with or without a car). :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

I'm thinking you belong in the family with Burfica and I being the butt end of some higher powers sense of humor

Hope it all goes well for you and not to many thorns.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

aza-well, there's always the "rubbersole express"! lol!

7:05 PM  
Blogger `NEFTY Screams...

Where are you!?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Aza!
Sorry it's been so long since I've visited & posted a comment - CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! YES - get busy with that camera again, photographs are so worth it - they're little snap-shots of time & can brighten our memories along with our faces whenever we decide to stroll memory lane.

7:53 PM  
Blogger hellophotokitty Screams...

honey, is it not insane how fast time flies by?! I'm looking at all my old posts and have to laugh, saying to myself "Yea, one day I will turn this into a book or something". Maybe it will just be a logo on a tshirt. lol

And of course - a huge congrats my dear on your engagement. You know I am just soo happy for you :-D ox

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home