Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Work

So they keep delaying the whole permanent hiring thing here at Yale, which is starting to get frustrating. I missed going to my friend Brenenenea's wedding in Denver for the sake of the interview, and here it is months later and still no word. We keep getting stuff about - oh, any day now, we just have to make decisions abotu the Bayer facility we bought first, oh we want to hire a few new causals to replace the ones that will be going full time first....ect. Now the problem is that we casuals don't get benifits, wich means that at this point I've been without benifits for almost 2 years now (out of work for a while, then here without them). There are 4 of us on my shift that have been waiting for this, and some of them need the benifits even more than I do. Yet Yale keeps jerking us around because they don't have any real guidelines for hiring. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't keep telling us any day now, just say that it won't be for a while and be honest so I can stop waiting for it. I can liev with it being a year, which wouldn't be till Jan for me, if you didn't keep offering me false hope evey few weeks. Ug.
I so hope I don't get too sick or injured any time soon (knocks on wood).

7 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Alekx Screams...

knocking on every tree in my yard.
:-)

12:48 AM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Knocking here, too. You describe perfectly what I've never liked about working at a university. Lots of promises, lots and lots of them...

5:56 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

DAMMIT AZA now you said it. Don't you know that once you say it, it fricken happens.
take it back
TAKE IT BACK MAN!!!!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Yep - I know the whole university scene too. I have three or four diff jobs (depending on what semester it is), but my main job base salary is so low, they take most of the salary for the extra jobs for taxes. Makes no sense, but oh well. I hope they stop jerking you around soon so you can not worry about getting sick or hurt.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

aza, shit!! why won't you ever shut up before you say the wrong thing?? now we're all gonna have sore knuckles, and looking like idiots knocking on wood for ya!!lol!

10:47 PM  
Blogger `NEFTY Screams...

Hey you!! This is QuzBoss:]

10:10 AM  
Blogger V Screams...

Keepin' fingers crossed for ya too. :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home