Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Give me a clue....

Ok folks, I have a favor to ask. I'm looking for non-traditional wedding songs. Now the wedding isn't going to be for like 2 years or so, but I like seeng to details like this well in advance. I'm not interested in the usual overplayed songs that you seem to hear at every single wedding. I have no wish to hear Whitney Houston's I will always love you, or Bryan Adam's Everything I do I do for you. There will be no Chicken Dance or Macarana either. I like just about everything, other than Rap music. We'll be having Elvis, the Cure, Bare Naked Ladies, Beach Boys, Jack Johnson, ELO, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Beatles, Indigo Girls, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Colbie Caillat, Sarah Brightman, Anna Nalick, Garth Brooks, They Might Be Giants, and the Platters amoung others.
So if you can think of something that is a love song but not one that is overplayed please let me know.

14 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

When my friend Lynley got married this summer, she didn't use the traditional wedding march when she came down the aisle. She used Mark Knopfler's "Once Upon A Time - Storybook Love" - the theme from The Princess Bride - instead. It was so perfect. I had never seen anyone do that before, and I thought it was such a great idea. Granted, The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies, lol.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

My husband and I picked out "The Chair" by George Straight, but then went with "I cross my Heart" by George Straight.

Alekx went with Aerosmiths "I don't wanna close my eyes" and "Angel"

We both played "Dude looks like a lady" and "She's my Cherry Pie" at our reception though. hehehehehe

"Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" would be a good one at the reception.

Have people do the cotton eyed joe and stuff instead of the same old stupid chicken dance and macarena.

If you dont' hire a d.j. and you do your own music, or a friend doing it like we all did. make sure you have some good dancing music, a few real fun songs, and throw a good slow song in here and there. Mix some oldies, country, pop music, so that you have some for everyone.

That's just my advice hun.

11:52 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

Heaven by Brian Adams...thats a good one...

Mom

11:55 PM  
Blogger Canadian flake Screams...

hiya I am here via burfica...this is a great question...

gonna give it some serious thought and will try to be back with a few suggestions tomorrow.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Brandy Jackson Screams...

I used Moby's "Homeward Angel" as my wedding march song, it was unusual and kind of dark and mysterious. I also used a Darkness song as my first dance.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

wow, aza, i wish i could help...it's just that i'm not that creative in this area...sorry! but i have faith in you & your other helpers. Oh, i do agree with nuttymom about her choice!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

Ok first of all Bryan Adams sucks... (sorry mom)

Second of all you should find a CD called "Hallucination" by Shaw Blades (Tommy Shaw of Styx fame & Jack Blades of Night Ranger fame). From tear-jerkers like "I'll Always Be With You" to more up tempo tunes like "I Stumble In".
I Stumble In is about falling in love and COMPLETELY reminds me of how we used to go about skirt chasing back in the day...

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

always have been a fan of "wonderful world" by no other than Louis Armstrong

9:23 AM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

Oddly enough, Smashmouth has some great songs fer the affair.

Depends on where yer going fer the honeymoon....
Going to California, Led Zeppelin.
Funkified Filth, Santana and Buddy Miles at Diamond Head, Hawaii.
Dancing With Bill, original music from boneman(yup! One and the same)

I can think of some to steer clear of....
50 Ways, Paul Simon
Lola, Kinks
Salute to Exes, boneman(yup, again)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

Burfica took My answer
ride a horse save a cowboy

the country song I don't know the name but goes swing batter, batter swing is fun.

But then again you are looking at the girl who did a potluck reception.

Wedding (including dress) and reception (including cake) less then a thousand bucks.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

I'm going to go for a non-traditional wedding as well. :)

My wedding song, that I want (which I'll speak to Stephen about) is: "I will follow you into the dark" by death cab for cutie. Because, well, I think it's our song... He may have a different song in mind. But that one reminds him of us, because it reminds me of us listening to it togeather and him singing along to it. I LOVE that song. It's a very very good song, I recommend it.

Do you and your fiance have a song??? Any song that reminds you guy's of one another??? Or a song that you listen to regularly with each other or whatever? Because that would be good

Ummm... I can't really think of anything else at the moment... But if I come across any, I'll tell you. :)

Good luck on the wedding plan's and the song search. :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

reminds me of us***

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

How about "My Humps" that would be very very un-traditional... That's another one of ours... haha. :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

The best wedding song, I think, and it's an old one, is called, funny enough, The Wedding Song (There Is Love). It was recorded in 1971 by the Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul and Mary. Check it out! I even sang it at a wedding once!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home