Thursday, August 30, 2007

For Cthulhu's sake, your just NOT funny!

Why is it that early morning radio sucks so bad? Every channel is filled with inane hosts who seem to believe that they are just the funny group of people know to mankind? All the sophmoric humor, the phony crank calls, they pointless jokes and one liners, the toilet humor and unamusing stories. I just get so sick of all of them and thier crap. I blame Howard Stern for this wave of bad imitators, while he could at least raise a smile once and a while he began a trend of wanna be comedians on talk radio. I listen to the radio either for music or news, not to hear folks who idea of humor is trying desperatly to make fun of the celebrity of the week. Just shut up and play some songs so I don't have to listen to your pointless pratter. They're just not funny, they make me sick. Alwys some guy and girl combo forcing laughter as if anyone cares about what they're going on and on about. Ug, thank (insert diety of your choice) for Cd players and Ipods and Mp3's.

5 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Amen! I am so not a morning person, and when I am in a particularly bad/sad/etc. mood, I really just want to listen to music. Sometimes I just want to hear some new stuff to see if I want to download it or buy the CD. Unfortunately, my main time for listening to radio IS in the morning, and there is very little opportunity to hear actual music then. It's kind of like MTV. Remember when they use to actually play music videos?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I don't like morning shows like that. But our little small town had Mike and Bubba in the morning. They basically made fun of themselves. Then people started calling in. So they made an "army of loyal listeners" And you would call in and give a fun name and they would put you on the list. Then people would call in, and they would make fun of themselves and the other people, what they were doing. It was all good and fun.

Then the radio station here canceled it. It was their most popular show, and they just shut them up. Idiots.

12:41 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

I know this makes me an old fart and probably a political wacko but I listen to talk radio. I got bored with Rush Limbah so I dont listen to him, but there are some local guys that do OK in the mornings. Plus theres always Coast to Coast with George Norrey at night. I miss Art Bell....

Mom

8:35 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

i'm the old fogey that votes with nuttymom!! Art Bell kicked ass! George Noory...still making up my mind...

11:30 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

I TOTALLY agree with you. It's so bad here that I listen to the sports station in the morning (and I'm not even a sports fan) just because it's the only thing that's actually funny and not just full of fakey crap. Why are the prank calls that most people stop making in jr. high considered ok to broadcast on the airwaves?

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home