Sunday, February 01, 2009

Here Again

It's been over a year since I walked away from this blog. Yet here I stand again.
This is the year I get married. In fact it's less than 6 months away. The good news is that we have enough money to pay for the whole wedding.
The bad news is we have no money to put as a down payment on a place. We've been trying to get a house or cndo and so far no luck. I have to be out of here by Mid-April so time grows short.
Back in Nov I threw my back out bad, ruptured disc. I was laid up for over 5 weeks in bed. It took a cortozone shot directly into the spine to get me back moving again.
Also I'm dealing right now with a stubborn Upper Respritory Infection that has lasted over a month despite several differant medicines they've tried. But it does seem to be slowly leaving, finally.
Work goes ok. I'm trying to get them to take me out of driving, 8 hours in a car each night bothers my back, but theres no positions open yet so I keep waiting for someone to retire. I'm trying to not make too much of a stink about it since the economy is so bad that even Yale is talking about cut backs, I waited almost 2 years to be full time and don't want to risk losing it.
Other than all that everything else remains just life. I don't get to see my friends as much as I'd like, just too busy right now. Jackie and I don't get as much cuddle time as I'd like, too busy and also the back and coughing problems.
I will pot when I can,a nd try and find time to chec up on those who I used to keep in touch with here. Hope all are good.
Peace.

1 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Lady Screams...

Where about do you work to have to drive for 8 hours a day? Bus or a taxi driver or something?

Sorry to hear about the coughing and your back and whatnot.

I'm sure you'll find a place soon.
:)
Just takes time and patience, which is a hard thing sometimes...

Awesome to hear about your wedding though!!! :D :D Really good to hear about that. That must put a good optimistic spin on things.

Good to hear that you're back!
I shall now be checking your blogs more often.

Maya

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home