Sunday, October 30, 2005

To celebrate I'll read a lot.

I've decided to celebrate the return of Mr. King by re-reading all his books. Yeah I know it's a wee bit extreme, but I do love to read and I read fast so I have a tendency to spend a lot of time with nothing to read. How fast? Well I decided to start this yesterday and since then I've finished Carrie, Salem's Lot and will probably wrap up the Shinning by the time I go to bed tonight. I figure the longer books I'll do on my days off (such as Stand and It). The short ones I can finish during slow work days. I realize to those out there who don't like to read this will seem like insanity, but for those of you who do you should understand. Also, if I'm reading it'll keep me from getting bored and going out driving with no where to go like I did at about 2:30 this morning and wasting gas. Just the fact that Babushka told me she'd seen it as "Low" as $2.44 is bad. I realize some places have it worse, but I still remember when it was $0.99 a couple of years back.

On an unrelated note, yesterday at work I had a couple come in and for a moment I though it was the Demon. Scared the crap out of me. It wasn't her, but it could have been her long lost sister. Like I need that stress again. Ug. Just when I've gotten to where I don't think about her EVERY day.

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

happy halloween! i'm reading the stand so i'm right there with you. wish i had the time to read all day though. what are you doing for this great holiday? dressing up?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I love to read, and would finish a book in a day easy. But only time i have is a few minutes when waiting for kiddo at the school, and a few minutes before bed. ifinish at least one book a week though. Enjoy your reading !!!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

I just got done with a couple Terry Brooks seris,
So I think I'm off to re-read the Dark Tower seris.
I'm glad it's done but wish it wasn't
That last book killed me..
KILLED ME I tell you

1:18 PM  
Blogger Minzo Screams...

I've got most of his stuff, and I think 'misery' is probably the best he's ever done. Closely followed by 'The stand' and 'It' I hated HATED 'Dreamcatcher' though.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I'm suurprised no-one reacted to my post abour Stephen King writing the on-going adventures of Roland the Gunslinger for Marvel Comics.
Thats pretty gaddamn cool if you ask me.

--Midget

10:06 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

There are some people that will always do that to you, but you always be ok anyway, even if it ends up being her.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Wow, u is fast! I guess da book I got hooked to was "Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets", I read dat in one day cuz I enjoyed it But u must really enjoy his bookz 2 decide u is gonna read em all ;-) PEACE

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

It's a great idea - reading them all. How will you decide on the order? Like chronologically by how they're published? Or will you group them by some kind of similiarities in plot/theme/etc? I'm intrigued to know - you have to tell me.

Hate you had to even let your thoughts drift to the Demon... But if you were able to realize how much less you've been thinking of it, that is progress - right?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

I've been trying to increase reading speed going through these college text. Arrrgh!
The wonderful thing about books and authors you love is that you can revisit any time, fall in love all over again...and when the moment comes to end it - you can! Safely, fondly, reverantly, put them on the shelf and walk away satisfied. The ones you hated, that made you struggle through them, or that just plain ripped you off or left you cold, can be turned over to Goodwill or put out for a rumage sale.
Be a neat trick, metaphorically, if we could realize the same attributes and options in our relationships with people.

11:33 AM  
Blogger V Screams...

That is a stupendous way to celebrate, Aza. You are bringing a tear to this reading teacher's eye right now. ;)

Oh, and true dat! Dorko.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Juan Screams...

Hat's off to you. I also love to read, and I only WISH I could read as fast as you. That's an awesome skill.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home