Thursday, October 06, 2005

While we're on the subject of movies....

If anyone else out there has a place in thier hearts for a good "bad"horror movie (such as myself, BM, and The Creeping Unknown) I highly recomend renting one called "Dead and Breakfast". It's the type of horror movie where you laugh your a** off watching it. While it does have a few good special effects, the movie as a whole is a good one for a slow night when you need a laugh. While it has no nudity (One of the three things that can save a bad horror movie is nudity) It does have dancing zombies! Who can pass that up. Add in a dead hillbilly singing hick/rap songs between parts and a librarian with a gun and it's a can't miss stinker. So burn the popcorn, shoot the dog nextdoor, and settle in for one of the funnier horror movies they've put out recently (aside from "Monster Man" which is another highly recomended laugh a minute gore fest. Just the line "I'm a corpse burrito" is worth the price of rental!).
If anyone else out there has any recomendations for a good bad horror movie let me know, always looking for the next 'their dead and it's funny' movie.

Oh and Burfica, if you normally jump someone rather than talk then let me know the next time you have a movie you want to go see.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

some of my fave horror flicks:
Good and bad, at the the same time:
A little cliche, but all of the Evil Dead flicks
The Shining
Jacob's Ladder
The Gate
Lair of the White Worm
Dagon
The Devil's Backbone
Re-Animator
Bride of Re-Animator
House
The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Rosemary's baby
The Omen
Wow. There are a lot more I think I'm gonna kill the bandwith if I list them all heheh.
Not really anything good since 1988, to be honest with you. Seems the late 60's-early 80's were the Horror Hey-day.
Everyting nowadays is about how shiny/happy they can make the ending, and how many crapfest wannabe metal songs they can fit in off the radio. Don't belive me?
check out house on haunted hill, or "I know who what did three summers in not another teen scary movie". or any of that other late 90's early 2000's crap shit.
Grr....I think i'll go watch Creepshow again...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

I'm a big fan of all the old horror movies. You know like Vicent Price in the Incredible Dr. Phibes and the return of the Incredible Dr. Phibes. Ummm the Lon Chaney and Lon Chaney Jr. Movies.
All those old ones you can find me curled up in front of the TV remembering when I was a kid having the crap scared out of me by these movies.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

How about Killer Clowns from Outer Space??? isn't that a classic??? hehehehehehee

OMG I was cruising on netflix the other day and saw a movie called

Killer Drag Queens on Dope.


But for a good laugh I still love Shawn of the Dead. hehehehe

12:57 PM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

ha Kate and I saw dead and breakfast last week!! hahaha it was pretty funny!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Minzo Screams...

What about plan 9 from outer space? Thats the bad horror classic of all time!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Everytime I see horror, they're always stupid and sooooo fake! But scary ones are cool. Anyways, thanks 4 hollering at me, I meant to post more poems... But my internet is sooo wack! But horror just sucks to me, have you seen, CHILDREN OF THE LIVING DEAD or THIRTEEN ? That movie was awfullll ;-) PEACE & HOLLABACK

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home