Wednesday, March 22, 2006

These are the people in my neighborhood: Ug

He calls himself the Eventual Dream on his blog, he's been known to answer the phone as Satan, but to me he's always been Ug. Despit the gruff exterior he is a superb singer and a pretty good poet too. He is a giant teddy bear to his kids, as well as a great climbing mountain.
I first met Ug while working at a comic store back in 1993. He ended up working there with me and we somehow became friends. He was the first person I'd known with longer hair then me (although he is bald these days). We spent many nights drinking and playing Magic the Gathering (hey Ug, oi oi oi!). He even ended up living at my house for about 8 months (I think) and at one point set me up on a blind date with his future wifes best friend Rie, who ended up being my girlfriends for about 2 years. He now lives in the arctic regions of Maine, and considering how he hated the cold I still can't figure that one out. Although we don't keep in touch as much as we once I will always consider him a good friend and hope someday his path will lead him back down the coast. If nothing else he needs to come back to get some more Foxon Park cola. (For those who don't know Foxon Park is a local soda in the C.T. New Haven area. You can find thier soda at just about every pizza place around New Haven. Ug used to work for them and when I helped move him out of one of his appartments we found aprox. 200 empty bottles of thier soda in the apt. Yeah, he can be a slob sometimes.) Despit several health problems that have slowed him down the past few years he can still blow the roof off any kereoke bar with his singing of any Meatloaf song. He was one of the first people to say yes to me posting thier pictures on here so I figured I'd introduce you all to him. He does blog about once every year so if you feel like reading his poems hit the link on my side post. Here's to you Ug, hope to get to see you in person again someday, but until then drop a line and let me know how your doing. Peace

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Libby Screams...

hey! welcome to the blogland, ug!!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Nice to have ya join us, Ug! =o)

I'll have to try some of that soda when we visit this summer. We're staying in Mystic this time, I think. I know that's around New Haven... well - kinda... I dunno. You'll have to tell me. =o)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

THAT PICTURE???

YOU USE THAT PICTURE???

OMFG LMMFAO!

I had blocked that photo from my memory damn you!

I loved my hair and can't believe a cool bastard like me ever had a mullet...

I'm so ashamed...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

oi oi oi
me got a hurt in here
oi oi oi
me smell a ting is near

Thats all I remember...

8 months really? Didn't seem like it was that long...
Its amazing how long it takes to get dumped and drink yourself into oblivion... Felt like a week lol

1993 JESUS!
The last year of my first marriage...

To think now we are a week away from signing the papers on our new house...

Just goes to prove 13 years is a lifetime...

Miss you bud...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

Oh yea forgot something...


I am not a slob...

I am a shelter for homeless rabid piranha mice...

8:47 PM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

I am a medium size guy height 5` 6 and weight 145 lb. When I go to the gym, usually I will only mingle around people my size because bigger guys may find me “not suitable to be their friends”.

From what I see and read, all your friends are tall and big including yourself, I wonder if we met in person. How tiny I would feel have to keep my head up to talk to you guys. LOL.

In just less than 15 minutes walking and talking, I think you have to send me to the hospital – to fix my neck muscle!

10:45 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

LOL,,,Im old enough to remember thinking mullets were HOT...so you HOT guys......ahhh got momma walking down memory lane...

I had a friend named Cliff that looked alot like you all, used to do these little voices and make me laugh....change the words to songs and stuff...you know, instead of "Owner of a lonely heart" he would sing "uglier than a yellow fart"...I mean what IS a yellow fart anyhow?? Maybe that is only funny while "chemically" enhanced..

oh you crazy kids....

Mom

8:57 AM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

Ok, I have things to say now. First of all, Jaded, Mystic is actually near Groton, about an hour and change from New Haven on I-95. I grew up smack dab in between the 2, off exit 63 in Clinton. And I LOVE Foxon Park soda! Pretty sure you can get it around Groton too... if not you'll just have to swing by Aza's place and he'll find you some. I miss that stuff after moving to Colorado... *sniff*

On to Ug... Hi! Nice to meet ya! I enjoy a good mullet from time to time! Especially if it's on a cute boy! So you win! Hurrah!

On to Jay... Not all of Aza's friends are big... did you miss the picture of Midget?? And what about me?? I'm 4'11"!! Just imagine me standing next to Aza! It's pretty funny, actually... Also, big people are funner to hug, and much harder to kidnap; so don't be afraid of neck pain, just ask them to sit down! Or have conversations with their chests. Boys are used to that anyway; even at my height, more men have chats with my boobs than I can count! Understandable, of course, they ARE magnificent...

And Mom, omg, I can remember endless nights sitting around the Old Saybrook Diner, drinking 70 refills of coffee, smoking packs and packs of cigarettes, and taking occasional detours to the "point"(overlooking the water)to get, well, chemically enhanced, as you so eloquently put it!! During these times(just about every night for a couple of years)we came up with about a million different versions of the songs in the table jukes(you know, those little jukeboxes affixed to every table), and it was always funny at the time...

I stop rambling now. I love my Azathoth. Bye!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

Ah the Old Saybrook diner...
For a while there I played weekly at Adrianna's Office Lounge and the diner was our second home...

TERRAN
Live at Adrianna's Office Lounge!
"Give us your world and we'll give you back a charred lump of dirt!"

Those were the days...

5:25 AM  
Blogger V Screams...

This posting old pics idea was a cool one, because even though they're yours, they take me back to that point in time. :)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Thanks, BS! =o)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home