Tuesday, March 07, 2006

M.A.S.H.

You know, I don't watch much TV. But being unemployed gives you a lot of time to do things you don't normally do. So now that I have more time to sit in front of the Tv I find I have rediscovered some of my old favorites. Such as MASH. I forgot how much fun this show was. It could be anywhere from funny to serious to sad. I so used to love this show. Hawkeye, Hot Lips, Radar, Max Klinger, Charles Winchester, Frank Burns, Henry Blake, Col. Potter, Trapper John, Sidney, Sgt. Rizzo, Father Mulcahy, B.J. Hunnicut, and Chef Igor. It is just one of the best shows that has ever been on TV. It lasted 9 years, 3X longer than the war it portrayed. Not all the charecters got to go home either, who can forget the loss of Henry Blake? In order to try and get the most emotion they could the dirctors didn't tell the cast that they were going to kill him off. They had them all set up for one last shot after the episode was done and handed Radar a piece of paper and told him to walk in and read it, just so they could get the actors real reactions.
But MASH is also one of those rare shows that did get to have an actually ending. The 2 hour final was both touching and heart reanding. So if you have free time during your day, or at night, make sure you try and catch a few episodes of this show. Unlike many of the shows of today you end up really caring about the charecters, watching the hell they go through along with thier little victories.

7 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

I loved the movie but really couldn't handle the T.V. show. I like you so that is all that really counts!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger HannoverFist Screams...

I grew up watching M*A*S*H. I still love it.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I never liked Mash, or Cheers, or Friends, or Seinfeld.

I know I know, now I'm probably gonna burn in the depths. heheheheehe

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I played Radar in my freshman (and only) year at Stonington High in our stage version of the movie M*A*S*H. Anyone on this board who knows me or has seen my picture will appreciate the humor in this.

Burfica, I agree. Seinfeld fucking blew. Utterly over-rated horse shit. Patrick Warburton's career was the only positive thing to come from that show.

10:06 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

Still one of my favorite shows but the movie and book were even more hilarious!

7:23 AM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

MASH is wonderful. I like to see all the young actors come through there, like Patrick Swayze for one. I think I have seen every episode at least a dozen times...I cried to alot of those too....

3:11 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

i never even tried to watch MASH, but now i wish i would've!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home