Tuesday, April 25, 2006

These Are The People In My Neighborhood: J$



I first met the legendary J$ back in high school. He was good friends with my Bro and we ran into each other from time to time when I'd crash at my Bro's house, in fact we first met at my Bro's 16th B-day party. (Dang J, it's been 17 years! Where the hell did the time go?) We would spend many nights sitting up talking music, books, comics, women, and life in general. As the years passed we lost touch, mostly because he was horrible at keeping in touch (getting him to return a call was like trying to pull a wisker off a lion). But after my Bro moved to bOregon J$ and I started spending more time hanging out together. We'd get together at his place (the quinticential bachlor pad, shag rug included) and eat pizza, drink cheap wine, and watch bad movies. He worked 3 jobs, one of wich was the sound guy at the popular Toad's Place in New Haven CT. Yes he loved him his club whores. A computer guiness (compared to me) and master of all things music (especially doing recording work for bands) he became disenchanted with life on the Atlantic and decided to follow the pioneers of old times and head west. After a brief stop in Las Vegas, that neon hell in the desert, he laid his roots in sunny San Damn Diego. He now spends his weekends mastering both the waves and the babes, while during the week he works on computer for some mormons that he is slowly corupting with his heathen ways. With a great sense of humor, and a nervous streak a mile wide (sorry J) he continues to spread his legend from coast to coast. I still try and convince him to come back to the opposite side of the continent, and perhaps someday he will. But for now he's enjoying the sun, the sand, and the bikinis too much to pack up. Now if I can just keep him remembering to return my calls every once and a while....

8 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Libby Screams...

dang! you meed to convince him that madness starts on the west coast, especially in the southwest coast. it must be the water!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Anybody who corrupts the mormons with their heathen ways, is A OK in my book. hehehehehehehe

Maybe you need to go visit, and lick errr I mean see a few bikini's yourself. hehehehee

1:15 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory Screams...

Your friends sound awesome, Aza. Impressive. And so much that you write about them... I wouldn't know where to start when talking about my closest friends lol..

Oh, and I agree with burfica, about the bikinis!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

hehehe
I definitly dun wanna try 2 pull a whisker off a lion LOL ;-) PEACE

6:22 PM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

Sorry, I have to ask. Which one is JS? The big guy (right) or the left?

5:30 AM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

JS DEFINATELY isn't as cute as Demon but at least he seems like a true friend.

Cool series of posts, wish I could do the same but I like my camera's too much to try and take pics of them ...lol

thanks for the words of encouragement on my post I can see now why you have so many good friends! Talk later dude!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Azathoth100 Screams...

Jay, I'm the one to your right (in all blac, he's wearing the blue jeans). Actually J$ isn't as tall as me, I was standing on a downhill slope so it looks that way. His nickname is J Money, so I shortened it to J$ because I hate to type.

10:48 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

liar!!!!!!!!!!! you are not that tall you are the size of tom cruise!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home