Thursday, October 26, 2006

More politics? What the heck...

Yeah, this is like my second political commentary in a few months. I think that makes a record for me.
But I was watching TV yesterday and during commercial breaks I must have seen about 5 different political commercials. Now I'm normally not the most attentive person when it comes to this crap a definite pattern emerged to me.
See, maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like every single commercial consisted of pointing out the bad stuff of their opponent. It was all mudslinging (which is what they call it I think). Each commercial talked about all the mistakes the opponent made. They talked about how they raised taxes, or didn't support school bills, or supported Bush (it's funny that supporting the president is seen as a bad thing in and of itself). There was even one where the politician in question started off by saying that he wasn't going to have a negative campaign against his opponent, only to turn around and say how mudracking is all his opponent can do because he had nothing good to say about himself. (I won't talk bad about him, although all he can do is talk bad about me cause he sucks.... Isn't that talking bad about him after all?)
When did politicians get so dirty? I remember a time when what they would talk about is their accomplishments. When they would do everything to paint themselves in a good light. Now all they do is paint their opponents in a bad light.
It's like, instead of being asked to pick between 2 good choices we are asked instead to pick the lesser of 2 evils.
Something, somewhere went horribly wrong.
Someone needs to really rethink the whole political scene.

5 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Dream Screams...

As someone very involved in local and national politics, I see it like this...
Both parties are full of shit.
Anyone who makes up their mind about a subject, based on their political party, before even knowing the fact on the subject, is a moron...
Most Republicans begin any conversation talking shit about their opponent because they can't talk about the good things they've done. There are so very few...
Most Democrats start out talking about what good they WILL do or have done but end up talking shit about their opponents because it makes them look like pussies if they don't fire back...
Most Independents can only talk shit because they haven't done anything and will most likely not ever do anything because when you have a two party system a third party in power will never get teamwork from both sides...

That help at all?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Dream Screams...

By the way...

Is it just me or is the fact that the party that is SOOOOOOO against gays (Repulicans) have a HUGE number of their members that are suddenly coming out of the closet?

What kind of person do you have to be to sit by and watch people JUST LIKE YOU be persecuted... Certain Republicans have likened being gay to Beastiality & Pedophilia... Yet they sit by, watch, and say nothing. Just so they can keep their places of power...

It truly sickens me.

In a couple years I will be running for local office here in my town. I'm not gay, I don't fuck animals, and I don't play hide the salami with kids. Hope I can count on your support anyway :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I make people mad, cuz tons of people call us up around election time.

I say,sorry we don't take political calls, we have brains, and don't need to follow like cattle, and we hang up. hehehehee

3:45 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Some guy was on the Daily Show the other day saying how political campaigns in the past were actually WORSE than now. Apparently somebody called Abe Lincoln an ape.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I read somewhere that this election campaign has set the bar for the most amount of money spent on negative advertising. Aren't you glad it's over? (for now, anyway)

Funny, cuz north of the border (I live in Canada, eh?) when I watch the American channels, I see these campaign ads too. Annoying? You bet. But also, AMUSING. I don't know what's worse: the negative-aggressive American politics or its dorky-bland Canadian counterpart.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home