Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Highs with lows

So the physical for Yale went poorly. Aparently my Blood Pressure is so high that the doc was worried about me having a heart attack in her office. She wanted to know if I've been under any stress lately. I tried not ot laugh.
This doesn't mean I don't get the job. But first I have to get my pressure under control. Which means going to a doctor and getting a prescription for pills while having no money and no insurance.
I wonder what the penalty for robbing a pharmacy for blood pressure pills is?

10 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Burfica Screams...

man Aza I'm sorry. I've been on blood pressure pills for about 3 years now. OMG I feel so much better.

Ask for samples hun, ask for lots of samples, and if any of the pharmacies cary grants for low income. Or generic that walmart carries for 4 bucks. Lots of options, I did the out of insurance thing remember??

11:31 AM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Aza, I use the Walmart $4 program for my diabetic medication and some testing supplies. TOTALLY ask for lots of samples too!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

well, while you're grabbing blood pressure meds, grab some narcotics too!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

The above post by Libby does NOT express the opinions of concerns of BLind Idiot God weblog, or any of it's subsidiaries or affiliates.

Thank You.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

(reply to your comment on my blog)

I know!!! Well, I am sort of accident prone... So that may be part of the reason... It sucks!! My back actually feel's a bit better right now. Despite my lack of sleep from last night because of my back... But today it's not so bad... Unless the pain is a loittle bit mixed in with my back pain I normally feel at the cashier and standing there forever... So maybe it's evened out very well that I don't notice my pain from lastnight... haha.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

Damn that would suck if you got a heart attack :(
Well I'd be stressed too if I were you, with all the bad luck you've been having these days and whatnot.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Best of luck with the job, blood pressure, all of that...I know that's kind of a lame comment, but then, I'm kind of lame so it all fits! Ha ha ha!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Yep - samples are the way to go until you can get the job going. My mom bp usually goes down pretty soon after she starts taking her pills again. Hope this happens for you too, Az.

3:50 PM  
Blogger boneman Screams...

Dang! Don't seem like I got enough time to breath anymore! Been paintin' up Christmas presents and working wood (that be how we heat) and then come back and see yer lookin' fer medicinal stuff with no bucks.
Been there, done that, but on a different plane. I went blind (cateracts) and was stuck big time. This paintin' stuff ain't as elaborate from the bottom, eh.

On the other hand, I did the smartest thing at the time.
I told the eye doctor right up front my plight and he helped me out by finding an eye doctor with a heart of gold.
Got my eye op fer nothin' and, dang!
I CAN SEE!

Guess what I'm suggesting is, tell yer doc the story up front and see if'n he don't help out.
Samples, service, whatever.
If'n he doesn't cotton to the idea, well, find another doc and tell them the story....
(I know it sounds like beggin' but, dang. Like I said, from the bottom, y'do what y'have t'do)
(personally, I'm tired of bein' here, but I just keep paintin' as fast as I can!)
(oh yeah. Libby's right.)

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Glad things are going so much better now, Aza! I mean, sure, it ain't perfect yet, but at least some of your worries have been allayed. Good luck on the Yale thing!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home