Sunday, November 19, 2006

Climb

Ok, so it all got a little much for me for a bit. But I'm one of those wierdos who have a tendency to not let things get them down for too long. I think it's just some kind of personality flaw. I don't know what you'd call it, maybe being fataly optomistic. I've been down in the dark before and have learned not to spend too much time there. My Mom has an MRi schedualed for a week from Monday to see how bad things are, I'll wait till that comes back before I let the bottom drop out of me.
As so often happenes when things get bad I have a tendency to retreat inside myself for a bit. I do my best to think happy thoughts. Not that there are that many to be had right now. I'm still hoping for the Yale job to call back. Either that or for me to win the lotto. I'm not sure which is less likely though. But I'll keep hoping. After all the interview went good. The guy was glad that I had lots of retail experiance, he said that what they need most is someone who is good at dealing with people.
Of course the first thing I see when I log on to AOL is the news that some congressman is calling for the draft to be reinstated. Guess that shows that the world isn't doing any better since I last looked. My suggestion is that if the war effort needs more bodies then we volenteer the congress themselves to go fight it. Would give them a whole new perspective I bet.
My friend Kells Bells has just gotten her first comp. I've gone up twice so far to help show her how to use it. I rememebr when I first got mine, I think my cuz was at my house more in those first 2 months than he had been in the past 2 years. I don't mind going though. It's kind of fun playing like I know what I'm doing. Also I get to show her all the fun little things, like customizing the sounds and look of the thing. Unfortunatly she's got dial up for now and it's frustrating her a bit on how slow it is. But as soon as she switches to cable it should be fine.
Speaking of that, I'm looking into going cable myself, since Comcast has this new deal of phone, cable comp, and TV for $100 a month for a year. Much cheaper than current combined crap. I still want to take a closer look at it, but I may just have to change my e-mail soon. I just wonder if we can keep our phone number. It' going ot be such a pain if I have to try and let everyone know we have changed our #. (Also, some of my old friends who are right now out of my life would have no way to get a hold of me anymore.).
Anyways, I'm off to go do some blog commenting, I've been slack since all this crap started. Hope everyone's doing good. Thanks for all the support (and the swearing too Chasm.).
Peace.

9 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger BeckoningChasm Screams...

Peace to you too, bro. For the chronically depressed, like you and I, the light is always greeted with suspicion and "hope" gets pronounced with a little sneer at the end.

However much we live with that, though, it isn't the world.

Remember that there is always darkness, but there are always voices in the darkness, too. And some of them can say "hope" without the sneer. Listen and know they're out there.

11:28 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

That's it Az...don't anticipate bad news!

BTW you do get to keep your phone#

12:23 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Try to keep your spirits up hun. I now some days it's really really hard.

Man I pay a bit more (almost alot) for cable, but now that I have it vs. dial up. I wouldn't go without it for anything. lmao

11:18 AM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

that's a good deal for tv/phn/internet...time-warner has something like that too (roadrunner), &it's great! & keep climbing....for heaven's sake aza, reach for us! we're all holding our hands out to ya!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Glad you are able to pull out of the darkness... there is too much dark around to stay there. Better to light a candle as you are doing! :) Good luck on the job!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

"Azathoth said...
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you if you keep your fingers crossed for me."

of course I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

2:41 AM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

Wishing you a better year ahead, this Thanksgiving, Aza!
=)
D.~

6:00 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

Just thinking about you today AZA hope your doing well.....

Mom

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Aza, you've inspired me to write this. Thank you for that, and I really wish you happiness soon!

Cheers,
marie

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home