Tuesday, August 16, 2005

How long for death calls?

I was talking to one of my co-workers today and she asked the question: "If you died how would the people in your life find out about it?" Being of the mindset I've been in I decided to take this question seriously and think about the answer.
So saying I died tomarrow on the way to work, well firstly the police would contact my family. That covers a whole chunk of the people in my life because knowing my family the news would spread out to even those far away within a few hours. Work would also know quickly enough, and it would spread around those friends I have in the Mall. But what of my other friends?

Well My parents have 2 numbers, Ms. C (My Bro's Mom) and Babushka.
Mrs. C would let my Bro in bOregon and his whole family know, and Bro would contact J$ in San Damn Diego. J$ would pass the word to Mr. Bri.

Babushka has the nubers of my Lil Sis, BM&family, and Midget&Amazonia.
Sis would have Kell's Bell's Number, who in turn would have Isis&Ant's number.
Midget would contact Eric Clapton, Brenenenena, Bald God, and Ug in Maine (I think).
Bm would let the Clinton Crew know(even though I haven't spent time with them in a while I still count Rev. Mad Duck, AJ, Ms. Marvel and Mulletkiller as friends). I also believe BM would post about it on his blog, and being the genius that he is (The boys awsome at chess, trivial pursuit, and Jeopardy) he'd go down the blog links at my site and comment on them all to pass the news since not all of them go to his site.

One of my Cuz's worked with Heaven and knows of our friendship and history so he'd probably contact her, although at this point I'm not sure what her reaction would be.

A few of my other friends have a tendency to call me if they haven't heard from me in a while.
Thats how Mrs. McG would find out, and she'd let the Demon and her family know. (knowing her she'd go to the Demons work personally to tell her, although once again I'm not sure what the response would be to the news.) .
Others who would call are Boston, Roe-Roe, and M&M&M (and she'd let Egoman know).

That just leaves a few who I only contact through E-mail these days, like EFFXB and Vinster. They just would never know, assuming I just lost track of them or wasn't on the internet anymore...

So all in all the majority of my loved ones would know right away, and the rest mostly within a months time. How many would be at my funeral is anyone's guess. Even some of my closest have said they're not sure they could go.
But at least my old worry that no one would find out is mostly put to rest. Mostly....

I hate being parinoid almost as much as I hate being depressed and almost as much as I hate being me sometimes.

3 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger wwww Screams...

At least it sounds "good" for you. I live in an apartment by myself and seldom contacting my family.

I think it would take quite a while for people to notice if I died in my home.

Perhaps I should train my cats to dial 911.

3:59 AM  
Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement Screams...

See this is why I love you, like Kate you are delusional about me!!! I suck at Trivial Pursuit and Jeopardy!!! Chess well I am ok. I get lucky sometimes!

p.s. YOU BETTER NOT DIE!!! IF YOU DO I AM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

I took a tumble down some rickety basement stairs 4-5 years back. I realized then that had my neck snapped... NO BODY would have missed me or came a lookin'... still, I think I'd prefer to die alone (privately) than with a bunch of people hanging out watching me draw my last breaths. That kind of scene just sort of creeps me out. I don't know why? Maybe there is such a thing as reincarnation and I was publically executed in a past life!? I don't like swinging from ropes either... lol!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home