Saturday, September 24, 2005

Cliff Diving Death (my memories and stuff)

So My Bro, his Girl Payteeee, his littler bro Jiminey, our friend Birdpoet, and myself decide to go cliff diving. Theres a place not too far away where theres three differant drops, about 25ft-35ft- and 45ft. You have to walk through some state owned propety to get there, and if your caught your chucked out. But that didn't stop us, ahh to be younger again. We reached the cliffs about noon and spent most of the day jumping down and then climbing back up to do it again. All except Jiminey that is. He'd run right up to the edge and stop dead. Over and over again. My Bro threatened to chuck him over at one point, but it was just a joke. He's too laid back to actually go through with it. I still remember my first jump. Wait, no thats a lie. I remember runnign to the edgs, and I remember being io the water. Acording to My Bro I yelled "SH*T" all the way down. After the first one I was fine though, although I will admit I don't relish the feeling of my stomach staying behind me as I fall. (Although I have done cliff diving, bungee swings, and free fall, I don't like the feeling and do them more to prove to myself that I can than because I enjoy it. And once I do prove it to myself I ususally don't bother to do it again.) After about 3 hours we were all tired and ready to go. It took more out of you to climb that damn rockside than anything else. Yeah I was slimmer then, but still overwieght to a degree. So we started to pack up, but Jiminey still hadn't managed to jump. So he came up to me and said if I jumped one more time we could go together. At first I told him I was too tired and didn't want to, but he whined about coming all the way out here and not having the balls to jump and I felt bad for him. So kind of aggrivated I turned to the cliff and stepped off.
Yeah, not jumped but stepped.
Theres a reason it's called cliff jumping. Thats because you have to go out far enough to avoid the rocks at the bottom of the cliff where it goes under water.
Jiminey didn't jump, my Bro and Payteee ran to the edge next to him and watched me fall. I got told later that Payteee said as I fell "he's going to die!". For whatever reason I hit the water feet first but with them angled out away from me, instead of the jacknife plunge I usually do. Even though, it was close. I felt the rocks scrape across my back as I hit the water. All they saw from up top was the splash and then red in the water.
Then about a few seconds later, just long enough for them to believe I was dead, I popped up a couple feet away. My back was scraped to pieces, but that was all that was wrong. Bro jumped in, landing a little away from me, and helped me back up the rock. My back was bleeding and we wraped my shirt around it to make it stop. Paytee said she didn't breathe till I got back up top and she could hug me and see that I was mostly Ok. Jiminey swore he was NEVER going to go diving again as long as he lived. To be honest, I never have again either.

7 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini Screams...

hmm after that.. i dont think i would have either !!

glad you were ok !

12:33 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

I am fear of heights.

Cliff whatever.. jumping, climbing will not be in my activity list at all. Looking down from the hillside or high-rise is like looking at the hell’s door to me.

By the way, I happy you’re OK.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I no longer do heights of any kind after falling 50ft into a well with similar injuries.

ahh to be young

9:53 AM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

That is really scarey!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

ugggghhhh that is very scary. you have to be very carefull cliff diving at the lake here, with all the sandstone jutting out at weird depths and angles. But if you find a nice spot. It's great. WE have 10 footers up to 75 footers here. Fun stuff.

And yes the climbing back out and up is the worst part.

4:30 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

"just long enough for them to think I was dead"

Great stuff. ;)

I don't blame ya for not going back though.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
And I was hoping you could take me cliff diving next summer, I always thought it would be fun to go. poop.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home