Friday, September 23, 2005

Sunday at the fair

So I'm taking Sunday off to go to the Durham Fair, the largest state fair in CT. (Yeah, I'm not far from the Big E in Mass, but one of my ex's lives near it so I don't go.). I have next to no money, but will find a way to pay for myself, Babushka, and possibly Kells Bells and her son. Why? For the food! Thats right, to hell with rides and games and attractions, I go for the food. From fries in a box to cotton candy to deep fried mushrooms to homemade donughts to buffalo burgers to frozen bananas to anything I can buy. Last year I went with Isis and she wouldn't let me get a deep fried Twinkie, so I'm getting one this year (she was afraid I'd have a heart attack on the spot, and I might but it'll be worth it!). I'll spend all day walking around, play the occsasional game (I get into trouble at the games, like when I found out I had a long enough reach to hold the dart by the end and just lean in and pop a whole bunch of balloons without letting go), and eat enough to clog my arteries solid. After the fair I'm going to start a diet, wich may sound counter-productive, but this fair only comes once a year so my body will just have to deal. I'm just hoping I have some nice weather for the day. So cross your fingers for me and I hope you all have as good a weekend as I'm planning on.

As an add on to this post thought I'd say that Kells and her son arn't going with us. She has to go out of state due to her Dad having surgery. BM and his family went today so I guess I won't be bumping inot them like I did last year either. But I'll still love the fair I'm sure.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Dorko Screams...

Yea! I get to be 1st!
Now, it doesn't sound reasonable to start the diet BEFORE you go to the fair. Your logic is sound my friend, rock on... & twinkie til you can't twinkie no more!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I love fairs - eat something good for me!

11:17 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

mmmm corn dogs and cotton candy and dont forget the fry bread!! Sounds like a good time. Do they have fried twinkies? Im just saying....

Mom

11:43 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Wow, sounds like you are gonna have tons of fun!!!

We went to the fall festival today. We had Mutton on fry bread. It wasn't cooked very well. Sometimes the Navajo's here scrimp big time, so the stuff isn't as good.

Well, next weekend is the October fest. Me and Gigantor are thinking of entering the tattoo contest. couple of his and a couple of mine. We will see.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

Hope you enjoyed the fair!
Miss you much!

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Lone Rangers Screams...

Lived here on and off my whole life and have never been to either the big E or Durham fair.

Is fry bread the same as Fried dough?

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home