Monday, September 12, 2005

Life's lost pleasures

Things change as you age. Life moves fast and sometimes we lose some of those little pleasures along the path. I realized recently that one of life's little pleasures I once enjoyed has seemed to have vanished from my life.
Don't get me wrong it's not like flirting was a huge part of my life. I've been described as looking like Chewbacca after a shaving accident, and there are only so many women in the world who will flirt with an overwieght Grizzley Adams. Yet there have been a few and I miss the playful sexy banter we shared.
The first I can remember was Eggy. It was in high school. She was the Demon older sister (I met Eggy first, I wouldn't meet the Demon for another year or so). It took someone else to point out to me she was flriting with me. The leaning on me when we walked and talked, the constant referance she made to her boobs, the sitting on my lap at lunch. Guess I was nieve but I just didn't even think anything of it. Of course it all stopped when she finnaly got a boyfriend but it was nice while it lasted.
Next came Isis in collage. Oddly we didn't flirt with each other till after we broke up. But up until she recently got back together with her Ex- hubby we would tease each other when ever we talked. From dicussions of our sex life back when to her jokingly giving me lap dances to me giving her back massages, we had fun trying to get the other started.
Of course there was the Demon. She was a natural flirt and over the years we both got our licks in. From asking me if I needed a "Hand" when getting dressed, to her walking out of changing rooms with langerie on, and all the other little things we would do. Sometimes I think she was my favorite to flirt with just because she never gave the impression that it had to stop with flirting no matter where we were. Well, until she would walk out of my life again, and again, and again.....
There was also Heaven. She was interesting because she would sometimes seem so shy yet would come out with such flirtatious ideas, like offering to help wash my car braless in a white shirt or wanting me to paint her chest with latex for her goth night out. Even before anything happened between us she would flirt with me like trying to get me to wash her back while she was in the bath. Sometimes she would blush while saying stuff, but she never balked at the oprotunities. That lasted even after she was married, but stopped once she found she was pregnant.
Kells Bells would also occasionally Flirt with me, but that was always rare. She once told me I was her confidant and I have the feeling she felt odd about flirting with the person she told all her troubles and dreams to. But she still would once in a while.
So now at the age of 32 I realized I have no one left to flirt with. Even in just a friendly way. I love Babushka, but she is too innocent to be able to flirt, it just dosen't work well if the person tyring to be sexy is giggling. I get to watch others flirt but none for me. It's kind of sad. But I guess thats life. I'm sure I'll lose other charished aspects of my life as I go along. I've given up my long hair, I've lost the flirting, and I've started to lose interest in collecting things like I once did. I used to joke about how I never changed, but time takes a toll on us all. Guess I might not be the rock I once thought myself to be. That idea makes me sad.

12 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory Screams...

Awwww, Aza!!!! You're not nearly as old as you think you are!! You're still just a young'n!

Hey, you know what? Maybe you should come to the restaurant where I am a (single) server. I flirt with just about any guy who will flirt back, and I really enjoy it. I realize it's harmless and (sadly, huh?) nothing ever comes of it, but I really enjoy the laughing and flirtation that comes with my job! It makes me feel really special that guys who don't even know me very well will flirt with me from time to time..

12:08 AM  
Blogger V Screams...

Dude, I realize this is just cold words on an internet page, but a hulking Grizzly Adams type sounds cute to me. ;)

12:18 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

I did many things I never thought I would do. Those are the unplanned things.

One thing that I can never forget was the way I flirted my first love. That was the boldest thing I’ve ever done in my life.

She is 4 years older and she didn’t want me. That was one day when I waited for her outside her house in the rain and it was the day she realized that “dancing in the rain” phrase to win the heart of women we love is real and happened right in front of her. To make the matter worst, it was raining + huge thunderstorm.

I waited for her to call me inside her house, and after almost 2 hours, I won.

She was mine for 4 years till she dumped me over one asshole.

I don’t think I could do that again.. I missed the moment we were together. She is married now and the only thing I could have is just a dream.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Aza Honey you can flirt with my anytime you want, you sexy thang you. My hubby knew he married a flirt. He knows I flirt all the time. Nothing wrong with that.

Now Bookend, I couldn't flirt with my self in the mirror. I'm to much of a goof and would end up cracking up, blowing snot bubbles or stuff like that. hehehehehe

12:29 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

Hrumph
No more flirty sexual comments from me because of that post

No more blogger blow jobs in the back room for you.

No more jello and pudding wrestling

Hurmph again

3:20 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

Oh, that stuff is Blantant flirting, i bet you are flirted w/ a lot and don't even notice it! Pay attention when girls make conversation and do that helpless girl thing and the silly giggle and the twirly hair thing while standing in line by you... you will be suprised sweetie pie!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

Very HARD to flirt with 5 little troll~ings tagging along...lol the troll~ings get terribly offended if ANY man even LOOKS at me in public....one man struck up a conversation with me at the taco bell once, and they told the ETK that I was FLIRTING with the taco bell guy...apparently I cant even talk to men..I really shouldnt be talking to you either...bye...lololol

Mom

8:53 AM  
Blogger Quiet Screams...

I like em hairy...

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

I lost flirting for awhile, but it seems to be back. I went through a long flirting drought for awhile there - seriously, it was bad. I think a lot of it is just how you feel inside. If you FEEL flirtacious, it seems to make a difference. And you'd be surprised how many women want to flirt but dont' ahve the nerve...

4:00 PM  
Blogger kitten Screams...

Im with Ari, Az. I married the Grizzley Adams type...thats a REAL man to me.....youd be surprized just how many of us feel that way. As for flirting....I think you have to keep at it, practice ...I can still flirt with Ern..and it usually works. So after all these years...I must still have it.


xoxoxoxoxo
Thanks for the greatt comments...

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway Screams...

omg-i am so there right now! i fear my passion is dying!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
Sorry, I will try my best to find someone you can flirt with. I most say it is hard to flirt with you, you just laugh at me even when I am not. yet I haven't had trouble flirting with other people in my life, but they didn't look at me as innocent as you do. Although there have been a couple of times I can remind you of next time we meet.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home