Monday, August 29, 2005

The Funniest Phone Call I've Ever Heard (My memories and stuff)

This one comes from back before I worked for Florshiem shoes. My then friend Goombah was the boss of the store and one of his employess left a message on his machine one night that he kept on there for over a year just because of how it sounded. I got the pleasure of hearing it and still have to laugh when I think of it today. Pictur the following being spoken by a frantic 6'5" 37 year old with a nasal voice: (fro the sake of the call Goombah's name will be shown as K... and the employees as J...)

"Eh K.., it's J... at the store. Umm... the computers not working K... and I don't know what to do. Um.. it's starting to smoke K..., there's smoke coming out of the computer K..., there's smoke everywhere, um.. lots of it,. Uh K... I can see flames inside the computer K..., the computers on fire, I don't know what to do. K... what should I do? The computers on fire, um.. wait...Theres the plug...I'm unplugging the computer, Um.. the fires going down....uh, um the fires out the smoke is starting to stop...um....um. K... this is J... at the store, the computers broke. Call me when you can."

9 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Quiet Screams...

I love when memories can make you laugh out loud. One of my favorites involves a class mate squirting acid into one of his cuts. Still makes me howl.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!
thank you for the giggles!
I hope you are recovering from your overworking!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

ROFLMAO! Great one, Az! Hope you're having a great Monday!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Being one who has actually heard the recording of this message, (I worked at Florsheim a few months before Az, I think he was technically my replacement after I quit!) I can attest to the validity of this story, and it was fucking funny.

Thanks
Midget

1:05 AM  
Blogger wwww Screams...

You made me smile. :))

It feels great to be happy again even it is just for while.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

Oh my goodness, that was so funny, I think I have to go pee now. hehehehe

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

WTF? This guy was so low on the obvious-ness! ;-) PEACE & HOLLABACK

12:35 PM  
Blogger rebekah Screams...

hahahahahahaha

i once got a message left erroneously on my cell phone from some person calling her pastor ... something about burning up a piano in the choir room? it was right funny, it was ... i love random messages ...

10:32 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

OMG hardcore giggling on that one. That would make a good skit on SNL or somethin.

Glad you're outta the dark, danky weeds, btw. ;)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home