Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Giving Thanks and Naming Names

With Thanksgiving almost here I had an old friend point out to me that I have a lot worth giving thanks for in my life. Last year I wrote a few individual post to specific people. This year I'm doing one big one to everything and everybody. So Settle in this could take a bit.
(Also, I will be breaking one of my rules and using peoples real first names (except for bloggers for whom I'll use thier blog names). Sorry if anyone gets mad but deal ok?)

To my family who despite all my faults have seen fit to not deny my bloodline. Wether alive or passed away they have helped to make me who I am today (so it's partly thier fault!). I can't name them all (the differance between a long post and a way too long post) but I do thank them all. In particular (in no order): Ron, Patricia, Terry, Kelly (Yes, even her), Ruby, David, Heather, Patrick, Ryan, Laura, Adam, Cyril, Beatrice, Eva, Russell, Marjorie, Christopher, Nicole, Nicolas, Samantha, John, Penny, Tanya, George, Maureen, Shani, and so many others.

To my childhood friends who played with me even though I was the fat kid. They helped make childhood less of an evil time than it otherwise would have been: Rob, James, Daniel, Greg, Matt, Jason, Rick, Sal, Frank, Sean, Tim, Timmy, Micheal.

To those high school friends who helped me through maybey the hardest times in my life. Some stuck around longer than others, but they all helped keep me sane: Jeff, Frank, Dan, Jon, Brian, Toni, Megan, Stacey, Jake, Jeff, Chris, Marcus, Jennifer, Cliff, Tracy, Fred, Bill, Michelle, Will, James, Christine, Chris, Wayne, Andrew, Carolyn.

To those outseid of high school who kept me from doing anything too bad with my free time: Ja, Tawney, Dwight, Tom, Mark, Maria, Dave, Lisa, Phil, Brian, Belinda.

To my collage friends, where several of my longtime friends have come from: Stacey, Kelly, Brian, Katie, Bob, Spence, Michelle, Michelle, Jay, Kurt, Brett, Dan, Rich, Kesha, Pam, Bill, Jerry, Frank, Rob, Vinnie, Rochelle, Kris, Christine, Brenna, Gerwin, Scott, Bernie, Nicole, Rosie, Alicia, Paul, Karen, Amanda, Kymb, Delia, Shelby, Brian, Noel,Danielle, Sonya, Jackie, Theresa, Tom, Mike, Steve, Steve, Ed, Ginny.

To friends who started out as friends or relations or lovers of other friends: Tony, Sara, Chrissy, Maxine, Patty, Ken, Christie, AJ, Mary, Dennis, Rich, Amy, Iris, Jen, Sue, Tim, Shaun, Candice, Greg, Jim, John, Marissa, Nacy, Nelson, Kenny, Jerry, Joe, Mike, Vinnie, Vinnie, Heather, Donnie.

To the kids of my friends, the little scamps who I love to see but also don't mind to give back when the diaper was full: Ivy, Micheal, Conner, Cameron, Terance, Terelle, Rissa.

To my co-workers who were also friends and over the years helped make 40 hours pass so fast: Andrew, Karen, Steve, Debbie, Gerry, Kristen, Carlos, Kirsten, Ed, Denise, Lisa, Joe, Eileen, Andrew, Mike, Heather, Pete, Ed, Bridgette, Craig, Bob, Marci, Marcos, George, George-ann, Sammy, Ferd, Evelyn, Doug.

To the women who've shared my bed. They have been both lovers and friends and will always have a place in my heart: Jackie, Sharon, Jill, Meesha, Ruth, Elysia, Marie.

To my blogger friends who help make the computer something I can't live without: Mooker, Joy, Kitten, Alekx, Burfica, Creeping Unknown, Recovered Believer, BedSheet Kid, Seffy, Jadedprimadonna, Jay, Bookend, Gama, Quz Boss, Neverending Rainbow, Julie, Dorko, Ari, Sungroovetheory, Nutty Mom, Whyfee, Madame X, Threeolivemartini, Grey-eyed Dan, Glod, Parinoid Android, Kerry, Lone Rangers, Iriebutterfly, Dayna, Peach, Minega, Tiamat, SamR, Lindsey, Rebekah, Libby, Howard, Karla.

To the writers who've filled my head with fiction: Steven, Clive, Howard, Agatha, Tolkien, Terry, Dean, Brian, Gary, Jim, Berkley, Bill, Scott, Gordon, Darby, Gary.

To the little things in life that have helped keep me going: Jack Daniels, Absolut, Guiness, Comics, Cards, Hallmark, Music, Movies, Photgraphy, Big breasted women, East Haven Beach, East Haven Graveyard, .....

Ok I'll stop there before this gose on for another few pages. You get the idea. To all these thing and people and to so much more than I can put in this blog... Thank you. If I have forgotten anything or anybody in my sad and slowly fading mind forgive me.
Have a great Dead Turkey Day everyone. May you also find a great list of things to be thankful for.

Peace...
Jeff (AKA Azathoth)

11 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

i'm thankfull for you as well. that made me so happy to read that. you are a sweet soul, wherever you are and whoever you are. part of the reason i keep blogging is you.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Quiet Screams...

Thank you for the shout out. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway Screams...

happy thanksgiving!

*mauhz and hugs*

~kerry

6:42 PM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

I love you buddy, and I am so thankful that you are my friend. I miss you.

Happy Turkey Day! {{HUG}}

2:32 AM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

I am very thankful for you, and for alot of things in my life!!!

HAPPY THANKGSGIVING MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

When the hang over goes away I'll be much more thankful, but you sir have a special heart and have so much to offer people. Thanks for the little lite of sanity from you in my world of craziness.
Hugs

11:03 AM  
Blogger Minzo Screams...

Great post man, I really enjoy your blog and I hope things work out for you. Wish we had thanksgiving over here :(

2:43 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

Aww! Thank YOU so much. :)

If you lived anywhere near this here Ponderosa, we'd be irl friends, I know. ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini Screams...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too !!

better late than never right !!?

hope you had a wonderful day ..

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

That was a very nice Thanksgiving indeed. Sorry I didnt get to post sooner. I hope your holidays were at least half as peaceful and sweet as that post was.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
In the spirt of Thankgiving I am thankful to have you in my life, now and always.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home