Saturday, December 24, 2005

Eve

The tree's lights are on, thier glow the only illumination other than this Comp. All the presents are wrapped. The new stove, fridge, and dishwasher are all put together. Elvis is singing "If I Get Home On Christmas Day". All the food for tom. is in the fridge just waiting to be cooked. I have a glass of spiked egg nog beside me. There's even a log burning in the fire place.
My family, as well as my Babushka, are comming tom. I also have to go see my Lil Sis. There'll be lots of running around and noise and stuff, but for right now the only sounds other than Elvis are my fingers on the keyboard.
I wish this moment could last.
Not everybody celebrates Christmas. I don't even celebrate it for the religious part of it. Actually it has nothing to do with christianity or cathalosism. It was an old pagan ritual that the church couldn't destroy so they just incorporated it (thats why I find it funny all those bumper stickers saying "Jesus is the reason for the season"... um no he's not). It was meant as a celebration of the fact that life and harvest was lieing beneath the snows waiting to come back in rebirth at the first sign of spring. Santa Clause and his reindeer have nothing to do with St. Nicolas, who was nice guy acording to the stories, or Jesus Christ, who was by all acounts an even nicer guy (who's main message was "love one another", which has gotten lost in the religious shuffle). It's just like most holidays the church took over. They just imprint thier stuff over the real meanings. I won't get into the real symbalism behind Kris Kringle, it's not for kids.
But for whatever reason I do so love this time of year. To me it represents family, friends and loved ones. A time to get together with those you love, and remember those who are gone or have moved out of your life. Much like most holidays for me I like it because it gives me a chance to relax with people who I know love me (except for my oldest sister) and think about all those I love. I will miss those who arn't here, but in a good way instead of how I normally do. Tom., before anyone else wakes, I'll get out my old picture album and look at the faces of those who I wish I could see. The Demon, Heaven, Cowboy, Sarge, Purple Aunt, and oh so many more. Then I'll get ready to see those that I can. I'll call those who I won't get to see in person.
In the end it's not about the presents (well, maybe about giving them to eveybody, I don't care if I get any.) or any birth or religion. It's just about loving those in your life. Appreciating the fact that you have got to have them in your life, got to know them and hold them and talk to them. Out of billions in this world, these are the people who carry pieces of your heart.
Top those of you who celebrate, for whatever reason, Merry Christmas. To those who celebrate one of the many other holidays that are going on this time of year (I love the fact that the religious right are protesting Wal-Mart for using Happy Holidays as a slogan this year instead of Merry Christmas, because of course Christmas is the only important holiday- right bible thumpers? Have fun manning those picket lines instead of helping those in need.) I wish you Happy Holidays, and to those who don't celebrate any I still wish for you to Enjoy The Season.
Thank you all for reading this blog. For being a part of my life. For being my freinds. Heres to all of you, a toast.
Peace.

10 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini Screams...

back atcha Jeff..

i hope you have a bitchin' day tomorrow

12:21 AM  
Blogger Lady Screams...

Mary Josephmas!

:P ;)
hahahahaaaaa!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS Screams...

Klinkies!! Love ya, and Blessed Solstice!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEAR DEAR BLOGGER FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ Screams...

Thank you too for being here. If you ever realize what an inspiration you have been to me this past year then you will walk around with the same silly smile on your face as I have all year.

1:47 PM  
Blogger V Screams...

The darkness of your blog page belies the warm fire of your heart. I hope 2006 is a great year, on blog and off, for us all. :)

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Babushka,
Wow that sounds nice and relaxing. Season's greeting everyone, and I am so happy I was able to spend Christmas with you Handsome.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Phoenix Screams...

Extremely touching post, and true.
Somehow the spirit of most "festivals" and "celebrations" has been lost in the passing-down process over the centuries. It's such a pity!

Merry Xmas and happy new year to you..just for the sake of the spirit![:)]

4:46 AM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

I hope you had a merry christmas. Your a gem. Really. I mean it...2006 will be great!!

Mom

5:50 PM  
Blogger Dorko Screams...

That was an 'inspired' heart warming and heartfelt post.
Cheerios 2 YOU, Aza!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home