Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thoughts of a sick mind

Still trying to recover from whatever the hell has gotten ahold of my immune system. Can't sleep due to a cough that one co-worker described as sounding like a crocodile's mating call. But that's alright, I'll live. Of course I'm way to damn stubborn to go to a doctor like I probably should. Why do things the easy way and get some medicine that would probably clear this up in a few days when I can just tough it out and save some money. (Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or just stupid. probably a bit of both.)

So as I sit here at this machine my mind started wandering and here just some of the crap I came up with.

I was talking to a friend of mine who had started a blog but had finally stoped it since I was his only reader and he could just tell me stuff over the phone without having to write about it. He wondered why it is some blogs have so many readers while others just fade away into obscurity. I figure that in order to have readers you have to be a reader. When I started this it was so i ould comment on a friends blog, and at the begining it was just a few close friends who read mine. I was discovered by Joy after a few months on here. But I also go into a habit back then (that BM shared with me) of sometiems just hitting the Next Blog button on the top of the screen and seeing what else was out there. If I liked what I came across I would comment on it, and maybe even go back and comment again later. Sometimes these folks would stop by my blog to see who the heck this wierdo was just randomly commenting on thier blog. Soemtimes they stayed on. Sometimes I'd follow links from other bloggers to people they liked, sometimes someone would follow someone elses link to me. For a few people I am thier only reader, and I'm glad that they stay on despite this. I guess what I found is that blogging is a 2 way street, if you don't take the time to read others they won't take the time to read you. Not that having only one reader is bad, sometimes it's a lot more personal that way. I have met a lot of people I consider friends on this blogland, and even if they someday leave, as so many have, I'm glad I got to be a small part of thier lives for a while. And that they were a part of mine as well.

My X-mas shopping was almost done, but it seems like everytime I'm near the end I come up with someone else to buy for. I'm not mad about this, I'm just worried I won't have enough money to finish. Yes it's holiday stress, but I can live with it and it's worth it to see peoples faces when they open thier gifts. My problem is I love giving people gifts so I'm having a hard time not giving them early.

Between this sickness and holiday work I haven't got to see much of those freinds who I normally get to visit. I feel so withdrawn. Seems like all I do is get up, go to work, come home, take Ny-Quil, and go to sleep just so I can do it again tom. I hate that.

If you haven't seen the brilliance of INVADER ZIM I strongly suggest you go rent it. Yes it's a cartoon, but it's funny as hell. Everyone should get to meet GIR.

Bacon rules.

After looking around seems I'm not the only one having trouble getting time to post this season.

I miss Gama and Kitten. Shame they had to go. Hope thier doing well. If any of you have kept in contact with them via E-mail let them know I said hi.

Oh, and Joy I've found a way to download the attachment so I'll give you and update as soon as I get a chance to read it.


Well, the Ny-Quil seems to be kicking in, guess I'll go lay down and see if I can get some sleep. Hope everyone's doing good and I'll try and get back on soon.
Peace.

10 Voices In The Darkness:

Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Glad things're getting quiet again for you, and that you're feeling better.
Gimme a ring when you get this, I actually may have some time off coming soon, believe it or not.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

U rally should go 2 da doc n see wazz up. It maybe suttin bad ;-) PEACE

6:49 AM  
Blogger Quiet Screams...

I agree with you, blogging is a two way street. You only get readers by becoming a reader. It definatly does not happen overnight, I find it takes months to establish longer if you stick to yourself.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway Screams...

*big hugs* have a great christmas darling! i'll see yeah next year!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Alekx Screams...

when I'm an only reader or it's just me and Burfica we both try to give a shout out on our blog for our buddies to go check em out.
It expands our little blogger family and you just might make a new friend.
Half the people I don't even remember how I found em. Like you,,,,no clue how I found you or you found me but damn glad we did.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Yea, aza, I got sum new poems... My lazy self dun fee like postin em lol :-P But i'mo do it lataaaaaaaa! N rememba: Quz Boss is not a poet...
I jus make em cuz I do so... But I'm sory u sick of commin w/ no poems... Life sucks actually but deal w/ it cuz right now, I need a house! I'm in an apartment n its too small 4 me 2 think ;-) PEACE

3:38 PM  
Blogger Julie Screams...

I'm glad I met you 4 sure!! You sure are a sweetie pie!
I hope you get to feeling better, take some echinachea and goldenseal, or get it in tea.
I was sickly last week too, it is that time of year I'm afraid.
hugs to ya!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Linds Screams...

Isn't Nyquil wonderful??? I always get hyper-crazy when I take it- fun! Of course, this has caused ALL of my past roommates, parents included, to forbid me its use in their presence. (They claim that though my 'Nyquil weirdness' is amusing, its still too scarily peppy). On the upside, my best college english papers were all written when I had colds. :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Burfica Screams...

hubby was way way sick. Made him go to the doc on Monday, and he's ton's better today.

I'm like alekx, I don't remember how we found each other, but I'm sure glad we did. hehehehe

OooOOooOo I love to give gifts too, to watch people open them. I don't have tons of money so I start shopping in July, and gets lots of little stuff too.

11:09 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

The troll~ings have all been sick too, dadgum winter anyhow.....

Hope your feeling better thanks for stopping by and checking on my ever exciting life....which will get even DULLER when school is over tomorrow,,,,

Mom

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home